GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '90 525i for 1500??

Default '90 525i for $1500??

hello I am new to this forum and I am a e30 owner so I know a bit about bimmers. I come from e30tech.com forums and bimmerwerkz.com forums. I am looking for an e34 to replace my e30, for going to college in gainesville, it would be my commuter car. I know already that the m20 motor requires more maintenance and is less fuel efficient but can take more abuse. Well anyways there is a 90 525i 170,000 k miles and 5 speed transmission, needs brakes: rotors and pads. and the ac is not working, the guy said it works whenever it wants to. Sounds to me like a bad electrical contact. The motor is rebuilt and had major rebuilt and has 60k on rebuilt. Has had major service of $3500 including belts,etc. The car is in mechanically good shape engine wise. But needs ac and brakes and the interior is tired and the seats are torn. The paint is good and has a rust spot on the passenger side door underneath. He is asking $1500. I know this has way too many miles, needs brakes all around: $400, interior is tired, and ac doesnt work:more $. Would this be a good buy?

thank you looking forward to driving an e34.
    Last edited by miami325e; 05-30-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: mistake
    [IMG][/IMG]

what do u guys think? should i go for it?
    [IMG][/IMG]

I would...Picked mine up for $2800. Needed new shocks and struts. I'm also in the process of redoing the front suspension with Lemforder. How does the trans feel? shift smooth? pop out of gear under load? and I'm sure there will be many other Gurus asking you alot of questions, so you don't make the wrong decision.

the interior is tired and needs some money also about 200 bucks. the exterior is fine but needs paint compound another 100 bucks. in total about 700 dollars would make this car presentable.should i get it
    [IMG][/IMG]

should i go for it
    [IMG][/IMG]

the question becomes how much do you want it? do you want to get it for 1500 and then put another 3000 into it? it could be more economical to get a car in better condition (bring up that whole argument, you know it since you know e30's). it's your call. we here support you either way. personally i would hold out and try to pick up a manual m50, or a 535iM....

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Good way to look at it. I have seen a couple of manuals on ebay f/s. Look like private owners.

Mine was $2850, purchased about 2 months ago. 150k and it is just about in perfect shape, except for that damn A/C. AT though.

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock

Don't fool yourself into thinking you're going to make an interior nice cheaply. The interiors on these cars are very durable,a worn out one speaks volumes. Body work costs even more. A/C is $$$ to repair,if it were a loose connection it would have been repaired.
    Sorry to be a bummer. Spend a little more and buy a decent car. This one sounds like a shitbox.

Default check out the pics?

check out the ad in craiglist w/pics:

http://miami.craigslist.org/car/166052436.html

whadda ya think?

huh?

is she worthy?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast