GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Yahoooo, Going iX Touring

Default Yahoooo, Going iX Touring

Bought myself a 1992 525 iX Touring. This will come to replace my ageing and sad 520i 1990. 160K km (100K miles) on the clock and all is ticking great. I will keep an eye on this forum for more stories on the iX.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbotech
    Bought myself a 1992 525 iX Touring. This will come to replace my ageing and sad 520i 1990. 160K km (100K miles) on the clock and all is ticking great. I will keep an eye on this forum for more stories on the iX.

JT
    Cool! I remember someone on the old board had a TaXi... Touring, Auto, All-wheel-drive, fuel injected. Post some pics of the drivetrain if you can, I'd love to see how it all lays out.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Default some info on IX drive train.

Until I get some decent pictures of my own, here is some light reading on the iX drivetrain.

JT

http://www.doeuv.com/gearbox-525-IX-1498974.html

A great choice! Another 525iX Touring owner here. The production total was 4783 (sedan and touring combined) so these are not the most common vehicles out there.

It's a really great car, especially in the wintertime. Before I used to be afraid of losing traction, now I love it!

The 4WD system works really well. As far as I know, it senses wheels slipping using the ABS sensors and operates the center and back differential locks electronically. When it operates, the car behaves with no surprises - it just goes where you want it to go (within reasonable limits, of course...) The long wheelbase and weight makes the car stable even when you lose traction.

Default Bring On Winter....

When I arrived in Luxembourg last March it started snowing and snowed constantly for 4 days. It was the largest snowfall recorded in more than 50 years in Lux.

While driving to work in my friends Hyundai 4X4 we saw rear wheel drive Beemers sliding left, right and center all over the place.

Guess I dont have to worry about that next winter

What is your serial no. Mine is D45450

I plan to do a little tuning later this year, like a chip or something like that. Is your iX stock or modded?

Happy iXing

JT