GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Please Please Idle Please

Default Please Please Idle Please

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP WITH MY 325i IDLE PROBLEMS ITS IDLEING UP AND DOWN FROM 500rpm TO 1500rpm AND WHILE THE CAR IS DOING THIS THERE IS A VERY SLIGHT MIST OR WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT OF SMOKE OUT OF TAIL PIPE THE CAR DRIVE FINE THROUGH REST OF REV RANGE BUT WHEN IDLEING IF YOU GO TO GAS IT WHEN RPM IS DROPPING DOWN TO 500 IT FINDS IT HARD TO PICK THE REVS UP. NOW IVE CHECKED THE EASY THINGS LIKE ELECRICAL CONECTIONS RUBBER RINGS ON DIP STICK AND OIL FILLER CAP. NOW COULD THE ICV CAUSE THIS OR DOES IT MEEN I HAVE AIR LEAK BECAUSE OF WHITE SMOKE.NOW I DONT THINK ITS FUEL FILTER OR PUMP BECAUSE WOULDNT THE CAR RUN LUMPY OR FIND IT HARD TO GO THROUGH THE REV RANGE IF BLOCKED OR FAULTY. PLEASE PLEASE HELP MANY THANKS FOR READING. SORRY CAR IS A 92 MODEL.

id start with checking the vacuum line going from the valve cover to the elbow that hooks to the icv, and while you are down there make sure that elbow is firmly plugged into the intake manifold, cleaning the icv and throttle body couldn't hurt and may help, you can usually find air leaks with carb cleaner but it's real common for that line to rot off and it's hidden so it usually goes unnoticed, do a "stomp test" and see what if any codes it has and maybe take a look at the plugs to see how it's burning
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

white smoke = blown headgasket

I would definitely try the stomp test first. If it turns up nothing you might check your coolant temp sensor, especially if it runs different when hot compared to when its cool. Also check your vacumn lines like winfred stated and you might also check your air intake boot, mass air sensor, tps.

If your not loosing water, running hot or the exhaust doesn't smell sweet like antifreeze I would think you could pretty much rule out a blown head gasket.

good luck and let us know what happens.
    '94 318 113k miles, '69 chevelle, '65 fb mustang,