GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay turbo deal: legit or not?

Default eBay turbo deal: legit or not?

This is old news to some of you, I'm sure, but definitely worth a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4643243293

The biggest question on my mind: is it legit? Looks like an M102/6 transplant with no real modifications beyond a rrfpr, a silly conical air filter, valve cover paint.

I'm ignorant on turbos -- is there such a thing as a *garrett* K27, or is the terminology messed in the desc?

If my stipulations are anything like correct: 5 grand plus a reserve for an otherwise generic 535 with whack paint and non-functional electrics? Blow.

EDIT: more things to note on this car if seriously considering it:
    - Shrunken/cracked door seals, looks like the rear seat back seams are split in the typical spot
    - Fog lights or duct tape?
    - charcoal canister is venting to atmosphere (not that it matters...but)
    - fuse box looks hacked, also looks like whoever built this used the original 745 wires...which gets back to my original question on power

best, whit
    Last edited by Kalevera; 05-28-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Thats because his car is triple valves and has hyper rods on it. Not to mention the CF widebody gives him like 500rwhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustam
    What are "triple valve", "hyper rod" and "CF"?
    They give you mad HP.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Well, that's understood, I want to know what they are...
    CF is carbon fiber, the widebody needs to protrude at least 5 inches on each side for a substantial boost in power.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

G'day Whitt, I don't know if it's a m102 transplant but the turbo kit is off it. I thought the Garret K27 was used on this kit for the e23 745i. To me the ad abd the car looks genuine and the sellers feedback is 100% positive if that means anything. I don't like how the intercooler is in the engine bay, how is it ever going to get cool air flowing over it? Fog lights look like tape duct. The guys over on mye28.com are always talking about these engines.

What are "triple valve", "hyper rod" and "CF"?
    Dude, it's a joke form that one membner that wanted to do that to his e34. Are those Borbet type A's?? They look hot as hell.

A joke? I don't understand what you mean... Kensy's profile says that his car has "triple valves", "hyper rods", and "widebody CF". Does not look like a joke.
    It's a joke poking fun at the douchewagon who became a member here proclaiming he was going to make his e34 into a widebody that could make 1200 hp. I've ridden in Jon's car, it doesn't have any of the cerap in his sig, he is being sarcastic.

You must have been drinking. Jon K's profile information was all created like that after that dickwad came on here saying he was going to build a 1200rwhp m30 car designed for top speed runs. IT WAS ALL A JOKE

Oh I see. You probably mean the guy who wanyted to start with "project apocolypse"? Well if this is a joke then then it seems 1200whp is unfounded claim at only 6 psi.
    Unless you mean - "1200whp" a part of that joke?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    You must have been drinking. Jon K's profile information was all created like that after that dickwad came on here saying he was going to build a 1200rwhp m30 car designed for top speed runs. IT WAS ALL A JOKE
    Thanks You.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    Thanks You, btwm I'm drunke right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast