GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowest E34

Default Lowest E34

Searched but it seems that the lowest kit for the e34 is only about 1 and 3/4 inches. Are there any kits that offer a REALLY low ride. I saw that the ground control "may go up to 4" but has anyone gone that far? I like LOW, but i dont want to destroy my cars balljoints and such (just had joints and control arms done)

There are other concerns however - your car may require a cambe readjustment, the ride will be crap becuase it's a heavy car, you might have trouble with the tires rubbing, and most importantly, it would look like crap.
    Freude am Fahren - Damn straight!

Going with air suspension is the only way you are going to be able to go as low as you want and still be able to negotiate transitions, driveways and manhole covers.

It will only be good for posing, it will ride like crap and handle worse. Alignment and camber would be nonexistant.

Basically you'd be trashing your tires and fenderwells not to mention the suspension bushings by making them travel past their design limits.

This is "tasteful"
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Spasso; 05-26-2006 at 07:53 PM.

Tasteful, yes, whilst remaining functional.
    In your position, it would be best to consider all options (their upsides and downsides, short and long term costs).
    By the way, you never mentined why you wish to slam it to the ground, as a show car or will you still be driving it daily?
    Freude am Fahren - Damn straight!

Wish they had that Bose suspension for the aftermarket. That's the kinda ride I'm looking for.

there's some german website that offers a coilover kit.. slams the car nicely..

unfortunately i can't remember the url but i will try to find it
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Mine is 30mm lower, and I'd be hesitant to go any lower than that and expect to use it as a functional car. Mine hits bumpstops on frequent occasions, and although I;d love to go another inch down.... Not a chance!!

I would'nt go lower than 30mm...

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

mine one of the lowest that i know of not on bags. Its on ground controls, could go lower if i wanted.

Edit: this is a reply to Spasso

That is one sweet looking touring.

What are the details: what spring kit, rim size? I'm assuming those are 17" OEM style 5's? Are they hubsentric to the e34 or do you have rings? What about the ride quality?

The reason I'm asking is I'd like to change rims and drop mine a little. I want somthing that drops it anywhere within an inch or two while keeping as much ride quality as possible. Anyone have any spring kit suggestions? If possible I'd like to keep the stock struts also.

be like one of the young guys in our club...he dropped his and new he has a hole in the oil pan.He was trying to be careful and doesnt tecall any hits....thats why mine will sty std mtech height,I would like a little drop in the front but as a daily driver......
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast