GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Leather E34 come with Heated Seats

Default All Leather E34 come with Heated Seats

Apperantly all you need is some switches. Thought I would pass this thread along:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...07#post6654407

Quote Originally Posted by Anton CH.
    Apperantly all you need is some switches. Thought I would pass this thread along:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...07#post6654407
    Interesting. Just peered under my '93 525it's seat (driver) and found (along with a couple connected connectors):
    a female 6 connector plug, a 2 connector w/ brown and maybe brown yellow leads, and a wee strange blue connector - couldn't make out the style of connection - didn't have my eyes on. All three were open. Anybody with heated memory seats care to look under your seat and see what's there? Someone know offhand what the underseat connections for heat and memory look like? Whit?
    Tom

Ok I just went out to the car and checked. I do have heated seats and the connection (from what I could see without removing the seat) is four wires, yellow, white, green and brown. there could be more they were close together. I do also have another blue connector just hanging down. It has six holes for wire connections. This could be the memory seat connection. Judging from this pic:

It very well could be!

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

i knew i should have bought that damn thing on ebay, it sold for $21.50 plus 3.00 shipping

Hmm... I wonder if we can maybe get a GB going on this thing from BMA or something. Any interest?

I was really surprised to see that the iT I bought didn't have the heated seats, it has the winter package otherwise..

Aftermarket switches and harnesses?

I'd be VERY interested in a GB if this is all true. I've never checked under my seats, but I'll need to soon to fix the seat twist issue. Could tackle two things at once potentially.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

I would be up on a GB for the memory switch. Let me know Anton.

I am still confused about the memory seat, ProZack was talking about putting one in and jjw said that you need additional modules for the memory. My question is what all is saved in memory? Seat position and Mirrors only? Would this enable the side mirror drop for reverse? My '95 doesn't do that for some reason...

That thread did little to improve my impression of that forum.

In terms of the seat heating pads: they are stitched into the leather from the factory, not separate pads as in E36 and similar cars. I haven't a clue as to whether the pads were stitched in with the leather regardless of options -- I've never seen an E34 without heated seats; some of the people on the board who regularly dismantle E34s would know.

Memory: this is where that guy starts misinforming. Memory functionality requires a different seat harness to accomodate potentiometers. No non-memory seat shipped from the factory with pots or that harness: it requires a memory control module and an additional harness to interface with the body harness (without those two components, it's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole). Moreover, because of the way the MCM works, the seat's memory function would be useless without having memory mirrors and (probably) a memory column, as well. It quickly becomes a project, the biggest work of which is in the mirrors (doors have to be rewired -- harnesses are different, so are the mirror housings and movements).

In terms of extra connectors in non-memory seat harnesses: it's for lumbar support. I hear it can be retrofitted; never done it as my 740 seats have it already.

best, whit

Default SchnellE34

Don't want to come across as a smarta$& but do you have the mirror switch in the drivers side position or the passengers side position.
    I mention this as if you have the switch on for adjusting the passnegers side mirror the tiltdown function won't work.

Just a couple 'o cents.

Boom 'n Zoom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast