GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: IE front camber plates

Default IE front camber plates

So one of my front strut mounts is failing. I think the smaller profile Falken's really took a toll on them. Are the adjustable ones worth the price? I mean my car handles pretty dam well now, just curious if the extra negative camber up front will help during AutoX.

Relevant setup information:
    235/45/17
    RD sways (Medium stiff front, full stiff rear)
    HR/Konis
    FS: PBR Deluxe rear brake pads [new]

Might want to tell us how much camber you're running now and how quickly your car goes through tires.

Also if it's primary uses.

Sounds like you do want some more camber. If you do, based on your set-up, go with the stock strut mounts and fixed plates. These will give you a better ride as the ride will be harsher with the poly-mounts. Also, you will have a lot less liability of the adjutment being thrown off.
    Brandon J

I don't understand how the IE plates work, do they fit under the stock strut mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J
    Sounds like you do want some more camber. If you do, based on your set-up, go with the stock strut mounts and fixed plates. These will give you a better ride as the ride will be harsher with the poly-mounts. Also, you will have a lot less liability of the adjutment being thrown off.

I really have no idea how much camber I am running now, car is lowered so whatever its supposed to be. My car is mostly a DD, I wanted something adjustable for every so often that I go AutoX.

Brandon: I saw your car in the past roundell -pretty sick. Did you feel that handling significantly improved with the camber plates? Why would alignemnt get thrown off w/ camber plates? I've changed all my suspension without doing alignment and it seems OK - no tire usage. :-) I am thinking of going with the polymounts just because they are probably a bit stronger than stock.

More info here: https://secure3.nexternal.com/shared...unt2=516669869

I have the adjustable IE plates on mine and running at max camber at -1.64 degrees, and I have not adjusted it at all after install. In fact by change camber, your toe will also change, so it is more like set it and forgot it. About those poly things, have not had good experiences, they don't last as long as O.E. ones.
    As for autox, you will feel difference with the plates, but I would recommand have the front toe set at almost 0, give better turn in feel and grip, and set the sways at full hard in front and full soft at rear and lighten the rear. I know it is against most people think, but it give me the best balance on mine.
    94/540i/173k Miles original engine

Quote Originally Posted by jjw
    I have the adjustable IE plates on mine and running at max camber at -1.64 degrees, and I have not adjusted it at all after install. In fact by change camber, your toe will also change, so it is more like set it and forgot it. About those poly things, have not had good experiences, they don't last as long as O.E. ones.
    As for autox, you will feel difference with the plates, but I would recommand have the front toe set at almost 0, give better turn in feel and grip, and set the sways at full hard in front and full soft at rear and lighten the rear. I know it is against most people think, but it give me the best balance on mine.
    IE just emailed me back, they do not recommend running the race plates on a street application. But -1.64* is really not that much. The e36 suspension is pretty much the same as the e34, from what I gathered. Those guys run about - 1.5-2.5* on the street w/ 0 toe. Just for the hell of it I might try to running one of the sessions w/ rear sway bar disconnected, works for them.

Have you had any problems w/ adjustable non-race ones?

TC535i Guest

Just for reference, I'm running my 318is at -3 up front and -2.5 on the rears, just the slightest touch of toe up front (neutral rolling under deflection) and a little more out back.

That said, I don't really plan on autocrossing the 540i since I have the e36... but I wouldn't run the same settings on a car this heavy and expect any kind of life out of the tires.

Just put front toe to 0*...shouldn't wear tire that much.