GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: angel eyes

Default angel eyes

i am looking for a some eye head lights for my e34. i have found these, but i dont know which to choose or what brand i should look for.

http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?cPath=26_95

and these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-95...QQcmdZViewItem

ive found more, one of them came with a clear side indicators and was as cheap as the ones with out.

if any body can help it i would apreciate it

i am also looking for some smoked tail lights or i was wondering if i could just get them tinted myself?

thanks alot.

I love the blue in the Ebay ones...

That would be my pick. However, I'm still weighing up options too, and am keen to find out what people say in regard to the ebay ones...

Here are some available thrui ebay australia... Do they look to be the same manufacturer?? Can someone identify these as depos or somethin??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-E34-E32-5...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Nick.Hay; 05-25-2006 at 05:21 AM. Reason: adding a link

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

they are the Depo units (same with umnitza), which means that the pic was color adjusted, because the depos halo is the same color as the stock fog lights.

I just got a pair of the depo ones from ebay, as in they came yesterday. I must say they are better built than i expected for the price and they only thing that i was dissopinted with is that no adapters were provided from the factory to the H1. I was happy to see that they use four bulbs on each eye to evenly distribute the light before it is diffused in the glass, although i am curious of the bulb life. It comes with a harness for the eyes although im going to have to butcher it anyways, i can take some pictures for you of them if you would like although im afraid im still missing a bumper grille and hood so it might not give you the best idea of how they will look.

When i am done with my suspension and brakes and various other random crap, I will be designing a relay box with interior control for the eyes, that will let them do all kinds of neat stuff.

dont mess with the eyes harness, you can just get some adapters at radio shack for like, $1 that connect them to wires.

So are the depo one pretty much the pick... Or should we steer clear of them??

Not that I'll be buying any in the next 1000000 years!!

Oneday... When all the other stuff is done too!!

And then...

WAIT!!! I'm in the middle of a terrible Angel Eye purchase I made online and I'm going to tell you ALL about it!

I went and checked through eBay and found that there are several people selling them through the internet and I want to tell you what to be looking for when you decide to make your purchase.

This is the auction that I won through Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

When you look VERY carefully at the actual groupings, the high and low beams, you'll notice that there are grey tabs used for mounting the groups to the actual bracket. The grey tabs are reinforced and less likely going to crack versus the other ones you had pictured in the eBay auction in your post. Go to Umnitza and look very carefully at the tabs and you'll notice the difference.

Alright, now you're probably wondering WHY it matters? The eBay item of mine (that I won) was actually shipped directly from Taiwan and not from the United States. When I opened the boxes, both sets of lights had damage. I'm going to add a link to another posting I did to show you the damage that occured in shipping: http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/203766

To cut to the chase, the one's that Umnitza are supposedly made or called the "DEPO" version, the cheap imitations that were listed in the eBay listing you had are known as the "FK" version. Be careful with your money as I'm dearly paying for my mistake from buying my Angel Eyes through Ebay. My original cost was $300 including shipping, now that jumped to $391.00 including the shipping back to Taiwan to get the supposed "DEPO" version as promised in the orininal eBay auction. If I were to do it all over again, I would go through somebody like Umnitza, pay for the extra costs and be specific with your demand to have the "DEPO" version with the grey reinforced tabs.

I know this is jumbled, but think you get the picture. Be careful in what you buy when it comes to Angel Eyes! I hope when you do get them, it works out GREAT on your 5er!

-Eric
    (OO ( )( ) OO)
    1995 BMW 540i
    Minneapolis Bimmer Group Founder

Yeah, of eight sets of lights I've ordered (not just for e34), tabs were broken on arrival on four of them.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

i can tell they arent depos by the high beam bulb.

the depo ones have a reflector above them... the depo high beams suck, but if you get HID low beams you will never have to worry about that heh.

Nice one Eric!!

Thats the sort of info I'm after...

And then...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast