GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Wood trim

Default Wood trim

This trim kit seems to be popular, but while it clearly includes more pieces than BMW did, it seems to be missing some of the factory pieces. It's hard to tell from the pic if the long pieces on all four doors are there, for example.

Any thoughts?

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

It shows the piece infront of the handle (8 and 9), a piece for the handle (not installed by BMW) but no piece behind the handle. You might want to ask them about that.

The whole center consle thing is different. I would like to see a pic with it on a car.

Maybe someone here has it installed...

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

a word of advise those "wood" sticker kits look horible, seen a ton of them over the years (the aluminum and carbon fiber also look like crap but slightly less cheesey then the wood) and they are not even close to the look of factory and really come onto their own when they start pealing off due to the heat in the car, they are made of that clear rubbery plastic with a wood looking effect printed on the back side to show though and are about 1/16 thick, some are better then others but they all to me have all of the charm and warmth of a flatened out pine cone hot glued to the dash
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

If you are looking for wood trim - I would try and source a wrecked e34 and get a complete factory kit from it.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Some panels are different for cars with factory wood. For example, the glove box is different. The wood is just not glued or clipped onto existing panels
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

rubbish!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    a word of advise those "wood" sticker kits look horible, seen a ton of them over the years (the aluminum and carbon fiber also look like crap but slightly less cheesey then the wood) and they are not even close to the look of factory and really come onto their own when they start pealing off due to the heat in the car, they are made of that clear rubbery plastic with a wood looking effect printed on the back side to show though and are about 1/16 thick, some are better then others but they all to me have all of the charm and warmth of a flatened out pine cone hot glued to the dash
    See, the thing is, I already have one of those crappy kits, installed by the previous owner. So replacing that with another crappy kit -- in a nicer color -- wouldn't be a step down, even if it's less than ideal.

My car didn't have factory wood, so getting OE trim isn't an option.

I really want gray or black wood. That's the thing. I love this look:

But I cannot, for the life of me, find that look in real wood. For that color, fake seems to be the only option. So I figure even that is a step up. I would shell out for real wood if I could find it in that color.

That's my reasoning, anyway. Any advice?

BTW, they'll also print that cheap plastic **** in gloss black, which would look like piano black. I know that's very trendy these days, but I'm not sure I'd like it in my car.

Oh, lastly, the crap kit that's in my car already isn't as bad as you say. Not ideal, for sure, but it has held up well and fools everybody -- unless they touch it.
    Last edited by Jay 535i; 05-26-2006 at 12:41 PM.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip