GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Gah Ebay!!!

Default Gah Ebay!!!

So I ordered a pair of rear clear corner lights from what I thought was a good deal on ebay. So I finally get them and it turns out that they don't fit right, they have bad weatherstriping that practically came off in my hand, and they dont fit the factory connector. In other words they are $hitty pieces of junk. I also doubt i am ever going to get a refund on them, but oh well, live and learn I guess. Anyway my question is, where did you guys get your clear corners and how is the quality and price? Thanks.

I got mine off eBay about two years ago. The weather stripping didn't fit right so I cut it to fit. Works great, no moisture inside. You could go with Hella from Abrahams Motorsport - $199.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

Well, look at it this way. Even if they did fit, the weatherstripping would be cracking within weeks of installation and you'd be looking for the hellas from BMA.

So, you can get them from BMA. They are about double the cheapies in price, but fit and last more than a week.

EDIT: OOOpps Fu'ck, I failed to read the word rear. Was wonder why they cost $199.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Let me guess, Depos?? I got the clear rear Depos for $32. The weather stripping kinda sucks, but the lights have been on for about a year with no problems or moisture. Anyone know where I can get a pair of Hella turning signal indicators for a decent price??

my rears are junk too, one side the socket broke while connecting it to the wiring and the other was constantly throwing "bulb" errors til I sanded and used stabilent 22.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I got mine about 2 years ago from flea bay too...

The fit not bad, don't leak, haven't faded. The only ISSUE is that the power socket on one light doesn't line up with the hole in the bodywork. As a result, I have the socket pulled away from the back of the light so I can connect the plug (do you follow??) This in turn caused a few issues with wires severing and the like... But nothing too serious.

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Why do you guys get parts from ebay rather than a online retailer? Just wondering.. Do they not have them or are they alot cheaper?

cheaper cost = cheaper quality Its looks fine seriously but I do regret buying it off eBay

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i