GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: ANY OTHER Way?

Default ANY OTHER Way?

After going to at least 10 shops (including MIdas. Jiffy lube & others) just for a simple transmission change,
    ALL of them wouldn't work on the car because it had no DIPSTICK !!
    They all advised me to go to the dealer !!!
    I dont mind doing this myself but I cant seem to find instructions for the '95 525i M50 (without the DIPSTICK)
    So how much am I expected to cough up at the dealer to get this done along with changing the filter and gaskets?

any suggessions?

Default this car has...

the same transmission as yours......if you buy from the board's preferred source, BMA, filter kit is about 30$ plus tranny fluid cost.....an high-brow indy will charge (just my experience) about $80 for the filter, plus $20 for each of the two gaskets...plus labor plus fluid, and more if you want a complete flush instead of them just dropping the pan. do you have a history of tranny services on this car? might not be (economically to you) the most prudent thing to do to change the tranny fluid if the PO left it in there for 150k, you might be able to gradually change it out a quart a week or such to test the waters if it has been neglected.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...Fluid_Auto.htm
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."