GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Interior light door switch

Default Interior light door switch

Hope someone can help. I have a 93 525I and I've had it for about three months now and know having issues with my door switch. When I open the door the interior lights dont illuminate and if they do when I close the door(drivers) sometimes they dont go out, and this goes on back and fourth.The lights do come on if I lift the handle but once that door opens lights out. So to sum it up where are those switches? Also with all doors closed; I open any door the interior lights dont come on. Could all these switches be trashed? Hope this made sense THANK YOU.

The switches are located in the door pin...the part the door "grabbs" on to when it's shut. If you look behind the pin toward the inside of the car, you will see a little aluminum part that you can push in toward the inside of the car. Which ever door you open, your lights should come on. This may sound silly, but did you make sure that the middle light switch in the light that's in the light in front of the mirror is fully in the correct position for the lights to come on? I had a problems similar with this switch not having the side toward the front to the car fully depressed. A new used light replacement fixed this. More information I cannot offer, but if you search on the name javier and interior light, there is a whole lot more of info to which you have access.

I just remembered too, that when I've had problems with the door switch, which has been only once, I also had problems with the door locks. My problem was that the switch never closed, and the car thought that the door was always open, but the lights stayed on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by saconnect
    I just remembered too, that when I've had problems with the door switch, which has been only once, I also had problems with the door locks. My problem was that the switch never closed, and the car thought that the door was always open, but the lights stayed on all the time.
    Thanks for you response!! Yes the toggle switch is all the way forward also I see where that switch is now, (wow thats wild)well it looks like it's moving back and fourth ok I'll keep messing with it, Odd that all switches could have this problem but then again it's 13 years old.

You are aware that the lights dont go out when the doors are closed,but stay on for about 15-20 seconds?
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    You are aware that the lights dont go out when the doors are closed,but stay on for about 15-20 seconds?
    Ya, I know thats a courtesy that bmw provides. Thank You.