GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Brake light, sunroof, doorlock and window problem

Default Brake light, sunroof, doorlock and window problem

In need of help. 1991 BMW 525i brake lights don't work, it shows on dash to check brake light circuit. also my sunroof, doorlocks and windows don't work due to hurricane flood in my garage. Rosiebimmer
    Last edited by rosiebimmer; 05-19-2006 at 10:37 AM.

How deep did the water get? car should be totaled the insurance company if the water reached the dash, but if the water went over the door sills, I would still be trying to get a it totaled, you can never get the water out of the harnesses and you get all sorts of problems down the road.

Other than that, check the trunk lid hinge harnesses, they are a common probem with brakelight and doorlock failures.

The Water Was Almost To The Top The Wheels. The Carpet Was Wet

The Brake Light Problem Happen Yesturday 5/18/06 While Driving

brake light problems are often the brake light switch,the other problems often caused by a cracked fusible link .Both issues are written up on E34.net.However they could be caused by your flooding as a lot of electrical components live under the back seat and could have been wet.

click here for fixes to some electrical issues?
    Gone but not forgotten

Wow, if the water was up to the top of the wheels, then you will have more problems. You should really consider getting ready for lots of problems as time passes. Everything will work fine for awhile, but slowly.... If the power distribution box under the rear seat got wet, there are lots of connections and grounds that will go bad there. Pull out the GM and see how the pins look on it. If their corroded, it won't be enought to just replace the module...actually, the module is probibly OK, the real problem's with the connectors that are on the bottom of the box if they were under water. You may have some computers that are located in the LH and RH kick panels. Not to paint doom and gloom for something that you love, but Oh, there's so much more that if the car really did get flooded, I'd seriously suggest that you sell it to your insurance company.

I agree, if the water got that high inside the car, it should be totaled.