GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Kinda OT (Kelley Blue Book)

Default Kinda OT (Kelley Blue Book)

I just went to KBB.com to see what my car is now worth.
    I was alarmed when next to the mileage input there was this note "typical mileage for this car is 97000"

WHAT?!? That's less than 7,000 miles a year (97000 / 14). My Grandmother drives more miles than that each year just going to the post office!!!

It's amazing to me that my car has lost 50% of it's resale value in 18 months

Anyway, I feel better now.

-ashley

'92 525iA / 179k miles / Born 3.92 / ABS / No ASC / stock / North Carolina

Paper Gaskets Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by acyre
    I just went to KBB.com to see what my car is now worth.
    I was alarmed when next to the mileage input there was this note "typical mileage for this car is 97000"

WHAT?!? That's less than 7,000 miles a year (97000 / 14). My Grandmother drives more miles than that each year just going to the post office!!!

It's amazing to me that my car has lost 50% of it's resale value in 18 months

Anyway, I feel better now.

-ashley
    Aww,,no worries. Kelley book,,,and worse, NADA,,,,quote a price/value,,,that does not accurately reflect current market values,,especially in 15 year old cars,,,, they assume that it has been beaten to sh*t, over the years,,and not well maintained. Older, Well maintained and cared for e34's, carry a higher value,,,,not accurately reflected by KBB numbers.
    Look at Autotrader.com,,,for the same vintage and model of your car,,,and see what the asking prices are,,,,,for cars that are at your cars maintenence level,,,,that will give you a more clear picture of what your car is really worh on the market.

A good e34,,,maintained by an enthusiast,,,is worth a lot more than a e34 that has been neglected by the unknowing and unwashed, to another e34 enthusiast. Those cars,,will have the bugs taken care of,,some mods,,,and have a lot of preventative maint. done.
    As it was said here recently,,,,'there is nothing more expensive, than a cheap german car.'
    Bet your car is worth more than you think.