GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They shaved my butt.. slighty OT

Default They shaved my butt.. slighty OT

Last friday morning I awoke with severe abdominal pains. It was 3am and I was in a hotel somewhere in Mississippi. My flight back to Detroit wasn’t until 5pm.

My involvement in the trip was concluded a day before, however I needed to wait for the software engineer to do some last min code changes. I hung out in the hotel room until I got kicked out at 11:00 am then I dragged my butt to the rental car and slept in the parking lot until 2pm. By then I felt marginally better.. enough to walk.

The software guy and I made it back to the airport and I eventually arrived in Detroit. I collected my equipment (75 pounds worth) and dragged it back to my car. Oooh I was hurting!

I thought about the ER room but…. All I wanted was to lay down.

Saturday I felt much better, but it was raining so I didn’t do much . I hung out with the GF all day and she kept telling me to get my butt to the hospital..

Sunday I felt well enough to do some heavy manual labor.. and I did!

Monday I felt more or less normal with only a minor ache in the abbs. Sort of felt like I did a 100 sit-ups. (I do that all the time).

Anyway the GF called to remind me to see the Doctor. I’ll admit I wasn’t going to do it, but just to appease her I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday.

Tuesday morning the sump pump in the basement died and the basement was flooded. I thought about canceling the appointment so I could replace the pump… Anyway I decided to go ahead see the Doc, then go home and replace the pump.

The Doc only seemed mildly concerned, however he thought.. just in case "We’ll have a CT scan done". Fortunately they had an opening right away.

They told me to stay local until the scan was analyzed. Of course I ignored that advise and went to Home Depot to purchase a new pump. I got home and noticed that I had several messages on the answering machine.

Long story short… GET TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM NOW!, DON’T DRIVE! CALL AN AMBULENCE!. You’re appendix is inflamed and ready to rupture! Of course I drove the BMW to the ER. (that makes this story slightly on topic).

They discharged me last night. I feel fine with only “gas” pains. Anyway I took a shower when I got home and noticed that they shaved my butt. Of course everyone I talked to I let them know my butt was shaved. The GF finally said "why do you tell people they shaved your butt? I think that is too much information".

I figured I would let the folks on the Bimmer forum know that my butt has been shaved. Oh yeah, I called in a favor and my buddy replaced the sump pump.
    SOLD!

At least you didn't post pictures.

bimmer.info standards for too much information

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

ahhh george i knew him well

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    At least you didn't post pictures.

bimmer.info standards for too much information

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    ahhh george i knew him well
    Winfred, you know a normal man would need three or more sipositories to remove such a menace. Sherious Respekkkkt!

Looks like you owe your life to anti-biotics if it was MRSA. Or was it a part of your knee cartilage?

btw; Check this new info out about MRSA, from www.slashdot.org
    "Merck has discovered a possible treatment for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, a virulent superbug resistant to many current antibiotics. The new compound, platensimycin, was found in a sample of South African soil and works by preventing the bacteria from assembling fatty acids into its cell membrane. This mechanism of action is novel among antibiotics, most of which currently block DNA assembly or protein assembly. Of course, this product still has to undergo human testing, but apparently looks promising."
    Last edited by genphreak; 05-20-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

I hate appendixes they are for losers. I have one still though

I wouldn't even notice if they shaved my butt... that puppy is smoothe as it is! Hrm...maybe it would be even smoother...hrm....brb

In keeping with the decency of this web site I won’t post any pictures. Although I do have a copy of the CT scan on CD-ROM.

This sucks, I have the next seven days off and I’m not allowed to do anything. I cant drive because all my cars are standard shift ( I tired already) oooh that hurts!
    Now its time for a nap.
    SOLD!

......."It's in the butt, Bob."
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

You're a very lucky man. A burst vermiform appendix is equal to a gunshot wound through the intestines- only one bit worse because it blows puss and infection all over the abdominal cavity. A bullet wound is clean.

I'm glad you are doing well. Like your car, if you hear/feel something is wrong- it is. Pay attention to it.

it was mrsa, after i squished the little bastard out the knee was and is fine

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    Looks like you owe your life to anti-biotics if it was MRSA. Or was it a part of your knee cartilage?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

my cousin had one pop on her, wasn't good

Quote Originally Posted by ThoreauHD
    You're a very lucky man. A burst vermiform appendix is equal to a gunshot wound through the intestines- only one bit worse because it blows puss and infection all over the abdominal cavity. A bullet wound is clean.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast