GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Needed help E46

Default Needed help E46

Guys, I know you are E34 enthusiasts like me. I need help with my newly acquired shi.. E46. The central lock keeps jamming and would not open at all, not even with the internal central locking key nor with the key itesld (it simply opens the driver side door only). I tried all of the available solutions:
    - Replaced the ZKE
    - Replaced the antenna and the key
    - Replaced the wiring harness
    - Repalced the lock switch
    - Replaced the driver side door lock
    All these were replaced and checked and did not solve the problem so I removed them and installed the original one. I am using used parts by the way (I must have tried soemthing like 20 ZKE untis and they are all the same).
    I even tried to use another rear window (for the antenna) and still nothing happened. The ZKE is the only thing taht slightly cured the problem.
    The lock jams specially frequently when Ileave the car for a long time in the sun.
    HELP ME OUT THERE MY FRIENDS. WHAT SHALL I DO??????????

Well, trial and error is one thing, but did you drive to the dealer for a fault read out?
    This car has a better diagnosis system than our old cars and can detect a lot more faults than on my 1988 E32 for example. Every door lock, microswitch etc. can be checked with the dealer diagnosis system.

i would say its a "mechanical" problem with the front door...a colleague had a very similar problem with his e46 but i think it was related to an after market alarm
    Gone but not forgotten