GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: anybody here install the tether mount on the deck....

Default anybody here install the tether mount on the deck....

for child safty seats? i can see the 3 bolts under the deck. i just wanted to know if it was worth doing. did it make the child car seats any easier, tighter, or safer???
    thanks
    tim s.

Default I did it. Simple deal. Awl from underneath to locate hole center...

Quote Originally Posted by tim s
    for child safty seats? i can see the 3 bolts under the deck. i just wanted to know if it was worth doing. did it make the child car seats any easier, tighter, or safer???
    thanks
    tim s.
    X-acto knife from above to cut to diameter of aluminum spacer ring. Install a few flatwashers to get the tether anchor height up a little to prevent from crushing the package tray completely. Assemble, tighten, apply cap, and you're done. Took me 7-8 minutes start-to-finish. Secured the Eddie Bauer/Costco seat we have a bit better than it would be without it. We've installed the seat in the right rear passenger (14-month old child), forward-facing. I feel the tether will help keep the seat there in case of collision. I do worry, however, about the little tot's neck muscles!...even when I'm driving and need to make a quick stop, I worry that it's too much for him to handle, as we all know how good bimmer brakes are!

Bill B.
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Quote Originally Posted by billb
    I do worry, however, about the little tot's neck muscles!...even when I'm driving and need to make a quick stop, I worry that it's too much for him to handle, as we all know how good bimmer brakes are!
    Next we'll see some baby sized HANS devices on the market!

I worry about that too (though I don't have any kids), it doesn't seem as though their necks would be strong enough in the event you hit something.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

Default we left our eddie bauer seat rear facing until his legs were to long.......

this is what we were told to do to limit neck strain.
    thanks for the info.
    what did you pay for the parts???
    tim s.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=775 lists the parts. It's a cheap project, I think 12.00 for everything. I have my daughter's Bauer (front facing) partially mounted with them, it helps. One thing...try to fit carseats before you buy one. The Bauer we have is TIGHT in there. I mean it's a breeze to install...once you tighten the seatbelt it's not moving at all. The carseat tech who checked it out was impressed.

Default thanks for the parts list! what color???

i was just going to ask for the list. are those parts going to match my parchment interior color?
    thanks
    tim s.

Hrmm...the only part that has a color would be the little caps that sit on top of the bolts...mine (I think) are silver, the tether part is black. BMA could give you the color options.

Default how many of each part do i need???

do i need additional washers or anything?
    thanks again
    tim s.

Just one of each if memory serves me correctly. If you want to install 3 tether mounts, then purchase 3 of each. I install all 3 "just in case".

can anyone tell me how this looks like in pictures - i'm interested to do this but this is all just words here