GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: e34 saved itself

Default e34 saved itself

wow, today i was driving down milford road, 2 lane road, 50 mph. headed to the local wallmart to make up for not getting my mom anything for mothers day. there is a stop light with a blinking yellow and iv lived in milford my whole life so i knew the lite. so im just crusing through when the car in front of me, a 97 dodge minivan (female drivin)musta thought the yellow was about to go to red, so she stops. i HAD plenty of space, but my spacy state of mind slipped from the road for a moment, and next thing i know im at 50 and FAST approching a stoped van (probally more like 55 or 60). i was at the point where if i hit the brakes as hard as possible i would still plowed her at about 30 if that helps describe the situation. so i did JAM the brakes, and due to a faulty abs sensor (that iv known about) the p6000's lock up and i cut the wheel foolishly to the left. i was sliding sidways a bit and my front right nose of my car couldent have been more then a inch from her left rear bumper, i though i was going to hit her for sure. now im sliding into a center turn lane so i cut it back to the right causeing the car to fishtail sending my rear hanging into oncoming traffic (luckly noone was avaible to put me out of my missory in the other lane) few more back an forths and i get her straight and pull over and appoligise to the lady in the van that had als pulled over, she was shaken up and so was i. i slid by her out of control at about 30+ mph, and my dad saw the skid makes later that day, he says there 40 plus feet

wow im happy i was in my e34, not my 95 f150

my e34 saved herself this morning too, some stupid bastard in a ute though he could accelerate faster than a bugatti veyron entering a roundabout, at first i thought he was turning left as i was in the right lane and its not uncommon at that roundabout. but he didn't i slammed on the brakes and luckily didn't hit him.
    although my story isn't as spectacular as your's if it wasn't for the excellent brakes on the e34 i would have probably killed mr "i am invincible" ute driver.

PS for those non-australians a ute is a pick up (short for utility)

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

ohh it scared the hell out of me, i thought the e34 was done, and i was pissed, but it reacted and made it somewhat manageable, thanks e34, just for that im gunna order you much needed lkm, maybe even a front end set

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    my e34 saved herself this morning too, some stupid bastard in a ute though he could accelerate faster than a bugatti veyron entering a roundabout, at first i thought he was turning left as i was in the right lane and its not uncommon at that roundabout. but he didn't i slammed on the brakes and luckily didn't hit him.
    although my story isn't as spectacular as your's if it wasn't for the excellent brakes on the e34 i would have probably killed mr "i am invincible" ute driver.

PS for those non-australians a ute is a pick up (short for utility)

What!!!? Screw the rest of the story, you've seen a Bugatti Veyron in person?! That's incredible, the odds are probably better of you sighting Elvis.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

you gotta fix that abs sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy
    What!!!? Screw the rest of the story, you've seen a Bugatti Veyron in person?! That's incredible, the odds are probably better of you sighting Elvis.

i think he was making the analogy that the "ute" guy thought he was the fastest baddest ass on the road? cause seriously if he saw a veryon its pics or ban

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

i usuly dont like abs

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    i think he was making the analogy that the "ute" guy thought he was the fastest baddest ass on the road? cause seriously if he saw a veryon its pics or ban
    no veyrons lol, haven't seen any entertaining cars like that for a while.
    and yes it was an analogy, no need to blow your collective loads!

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

turn this into the mothers-day scare-a-thon thread

Just about 30 minutes ago I was heading to the BP for gas. Turning off my road onto the highway ... only one car was on the highway at all. They were going the way i was turning to go, but a ways back. I cross the first 2 lanes of highway then start turning to align myself with it, when some ass in a red astro blows through the stop sign opposite to the one i was at. I was straight in its path, the astro hits the breaks and turns left to miss me and i hit the gas to get out of its way. My luck its raining outside so my car decides to motor it and i wind up spinning 180 degrees and perfectly in the passing lane, but ofcourse backwards. Luckily the car previously on the highway was far enough back that they just slowed down and passed me. I didnt even see what happend to the astro.

I never got that gas

Glad nobody has been hurt .... yet
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    i usuly dont like abs
    Why not?
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast