GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Does everyone stare the way I do?

Default OT: Does everyone stare the way I do?

I only stare this way at you- oo00oo -Ahem, anyway, I spend quite a bit of time outside at my house because I am a smoker. I will not smoke in my house YUK! But I have a carport with a porch at the back. Since this is a covered area, it is usually where I hang out to get my fix. Here's the thing: I catch myself staring at my car quite a bit. It's not like the commercial where the guy is looking at his red Dodge pickup in the driveway slobbering and pouring beer all over some dude's french fries, but more like a visual exam: I look at it from different angles. Oooo, this angle is really nice... I try to find something I don't like about it or; is that a scratch? or; is it sitting perfectly level? or; how is the stance? etc... I will also try NOT to look at it, but I fail miserably every time. I know my neighbors must think I'm , but then; none of them drive a BMW that I have seen. I ask myself, "Would they understand?" Hmmm. I work in a warehouse, and during the summer the garage doors are open. Sooo... every so often I will sneak a peek. Then the peek turns into that exam stare again. I used to have a similar problem with my E28 and my '71 Super Beetle. But it is waay more pronounced with the Green Meanie. Is this just me? Or is anyone else afflicted by this disorder? Your diagnosis please?

i alllllways stare.... and at other e34's too! there is a cool detailer up the street from me. the other day there was a black/black e34 m5 sitting out there, freshly detailed to within an inch of its life, staggered t-stars, lowered, tinted. i stopped in the middle of the road to stare at it. the people beind me were not pleased, but f them they just don't know what theyre missing

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Yeah, I have the same sickness. My friends think I've gone off the deep end...

Hey is that your e34 with the lambos.... I'm thinking about doing that on mine... Maybe I should start a new thread on this... Hmmmm...

Hertz my neighbor recently told me ‘if you are working on the car so much, why don’t you just buy another one’ I told him I like the car and I like working on the car, so why would I do that? But, it’s not the neighbors but my girlfriend who thinks I'm nuts. She constantly tells me that I give the car more compliments than see gets. She seriously gets pissed every time we are out and I see (and critique) another e34. While we were on vacation in DC last weekend we would walk up to the car and I would always say something about how good the car looks. I noticed one of the wheels wasn't shined after I had put wheel shiner on it. I said 'good thing I have the bottle in the trunk.' She just walked away from me and didn’t speak to me for at least half an hour.

I have the exact same sickness, going outside to smoke and staring at the car from the deck. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is make sure the car is still safely parked in the driveway. I can't just give her a glance. IMO, she deserves more. Also, I almost had a car accident because I am staring at another e34.

I don’t think there is a cure for this disease.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

What, exactly, are you smoking out there?

Honestly, we all stare, I think. We're smitten. That's why we're here, and why any of us are very lucky to find a woman.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Hey my wife left me and our son, so we started buying BMW's instead... LOL, good trade if you ask me (she's a bitch)...

I am lucky enough to have a wife who is not jealous of my car obsession. Married 5 years; gone through 5 cars in that time: yep, lucky... Sorry, I had to type that because she was standing over my shoulder reading what I was typing. OK, she's gone. No really, she is just about the coolest chick I have ever met. She tolerates my love of music, cars (Bimmers 'specially), and the almost equally expensive musical instrument gear obsession. I smoke American Spirits.

My wife wasn't jellious, she just really likes men... ...Really, really likes men...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast