GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does all E34 have a deadbolt locking function?

Default Does all E34 have a deadbolt locking function?

Hi.

Ive read alot of this fancy feature, but i cant get mine to deadlock.
    I roll down my window, turn the key all to the right and hold it there. But i can still open it by pulling the lockpin upwards.

Mine is a 1992 German 525i M50.

I also have a problem when i turn the key fast to the right so that it locks, it wont stay locked, it just pops up again. I have to turn it to the right and hold it there for about 3 seconds, then it locks, pops up, and locks again. Anyone had that problem before?

Deadlock is on all E34's as far as I know. It was definitely on your model/year as my 525i '90 has it. Sounds like there's a small issue with your locking system. Have you tried it from the passengers side?
    Car: BMW 525iA.
    Engine: M20.
    Trans: Auto.
    Year: 1990.

When i lock from my passenger side, the centrallocking does not work, it only locks the passenger door..

Im gonna fit a keyless entry module, thats why i wonder if i have a deadlock function or not..
    And the lock signal from the keyless entry module is just a pulse, so i think my locks wil just pop open again... that what happends when i just "pulse" my key to the right, and not keep it there for some seconds..

Locking from Pass side, driver's side or from the trunk should lock all doors and the trunk. Your locking system has a sfew faults with it. I'd suggest getting it fixed before having the keyless entry put it. Otherwise you're going to have more problems with that as well.
    Car: BMW 525iA.
    Engine: M20.
    Trans: Auto.
    Year: 1990.

Ok, any suggestions? I dont quite know where to start looking for faults. Relays?

Quote Originally Posted by Espen
    When i lock from my passenger side, the centrallocking does not work, it only locks the passenger door..

Im gonna fit a keyless entry module, thats why i wonder if i have a deadlock function or not..
    And the lock signal from the keyless entry module is just a pulse, so i think my locks wil just pop open again... that what happends when i just "pulse" my key to the right, and not keep it there for some seconds..
    I have this same odd problem, but I also have keyless entry (aftermarket) installed. Occasionally I have the problem of my locks popping back unlocked, but usually if I just hold the button for an extra half second or so I have no trouble.

Hope this helps,
    -JK
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Yes it helped me just by knowing that others have the same problem
    Does your car deadlock?

I dont know if my keyless system is able to send a "longer" signal when i hold the button..

As far as I know, all e34's had double lock feature. Fix the centrla locking before you install the aftermaret keyless entry. All you your symptoms are common and have been covered many many times, search the forums and you will find every thing.

Lock, locks tthen unlocks, has 2 common problems, the door latch is sticky or the actuator is weak. If the lock is not able to travel far enough, the locking module will interpret its posistion as an unlock command and unlock the doors.

I'm not aware of the deadlock feature or how to use it, perhaps you could inform me and I'll try it out
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

I have a 95 and it does not have the deadbolt locking feature (or is it broken?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast