GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does all E34 have a deadbolt locking function?

thats right you cant double lock from the "trunk",i dont think its the passengers actuaaotor i think its the passengers latch,microswitch or wiring
    Gone but not forgotten

Ill try to remove my doorpanel after work, and take a look.

I found this in this post.. might be usefull:
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier

For who ever have a 1991 and before model, to have the issue related to the need of locking twice to have the knobs stay down, mean a trouble in the trunk lock actuator, as long as driver's knob issue the lock command properly when pushed down. In this case, probably the trunk will not issue the lock command to the GM. Experience has show to this forum members that the problem mostly is in the hinge harness.
    Last edited by Espen; 05-11-2006 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espen
    I also have a problem when i turn the key fast to the right so that it locks, it wont stay locked, it just pops up again. I have to turn it to the right and hold it there for about 3 seconds, then it locks, pops up, and locks again. Anyone had that problem before?
    I used to have this same "problem" espen...I figured (atleast) on mine, when you lock the car and the locks pop back up, its telling you that somethings still not locked. That something is the trunk, if the slot is vertical, it is unlocked and you will have to turn the key twice if you wanted to lock only the four doors.

So you only have to "lock once" by the drivers door, insert the key into the trunk slot, turn right 90 degrees and remove the key while its still in the horizontal position. Here it will lock all doors, but go to the drivers door or passenger, unlock the car, then lock it again...hopefully you will happily see that the car will lock once and not pop back up again.

You just have to keep in mind whether or not the trunk is unlocked. This irritated the living hell outta me for the first two weeks I bought my E34.

Hope this helps!

Hey.. Thanks, ill try that!

I removed the back seat now, and found out that i allready have a keyless system.. It was not connected though. a big black bmw marked box with an antenna on. It was markeg "GEMEL ITALY" The product number on it was 82929402527, I googled it and RealOEM.COM says it is an "Control Unit Alarm System" It is obviously not working, its full av scratches and screwdrivermarks. And I dont have the remotes for it.

Here is the 1 millon$ question, who can find the drawing for the wiring to this box, i think i can connect my aftermarket keyless system to the alarm units wires.. At least some of them..?

I`ll make a new thread on this subject.. This is off topic.. and the question in this topic have allready bin answered.

The new thread is HERE
    Last edited by Espen; 05-11-2006 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenOne
    I used to have this same "problem" espen...I figured (atleast) on mine, when you lock the car and the locks pop back up, its telling you that somethings still not locked. That something is the trunk, if the slot is vertical, it is unlocked and you will have to turn the key twice if you wanted to lock only the four doors.

So you only have to "lock once" by the drivers door, insert the key into the trunk slot, turn right 90 degrees and remove the key while its still in the horizontal position. Here it will lock all doors, but go to the drivers door or passenger, unlock the car, then lock it again...hopefully you will happily see that the car will lock once and not pop back up again.

You just have to keep in mind whether or not the trunk is unlocked. This irritated the living hell outta me for the first two weeks I bought my E34.

Hope this helps!
    I cheked the trunk lock thing.. mine was horizontall, i tried both ways but it still pops up...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123