GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the hell would a mechanic access the cabin Microfilter.....

Default Why the hell would a mechanic access the cabin Microfilter.....

and remove it, but not replace it ?
    Went to change the MF, only to find it missing. It had leaves and fluffy stuff with half of the evaporator covered in dirt. Which was strange. Half the driver side was covered with dirt, but the passenger half was clean. Almost like a line was drawn down the center of it.
    I was able to vacuum it and run a stiff long bristled nylon brush through the fins to get most of the dirt out.
    God every muscle in my body hurts after contorting to reach back in that area.

On a happy note though, I'm jazzed there's nothing wrong with my A/C system.
    The PO had the A/C belt removed for a noise complaint on the last service before I bought it. The Shop said the compressor clutch was bad, and they were qouted $1100 to repair it.
    I put a new belt on and the A/C works primo, no noise and cools to 42 degree F only like R12 can
    Maybe they did (or didn't do) the MF too ??

Thieving and or incompetent auto mechanics that you pay to work on your car suck !! I am so blessed I can do it myself !
    1991 525i M50 5 Sp.
    N.California

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Mechanic:
    Whats that, engine squealling? Oh, we'll just take the belt off...
    Whats that, cabin air is poor? Oh, we'll just take out the MF...

F'in crooks. That's just sad.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

I just did this recently and I agree that it's a painful job.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

I paid somebody else to do it and I hope I didn't get screwed. I had crap coming out of my vents for a week. Seem ok now, but who knows. I guess I better check it and see if my mechanic is a dick or not.

Default You may have never had one, prior to

9/91 most cars didn't have them. Only after. If your car had one then will have a decal in the glove box about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris'91'525i
    and remove it, but not replace it ?
    Went to change the MF, only to find it missing. It had leaves and fluffy stuff with half of the evaporator covered in dirt. Which was strange. Half the driver side was covered with dirt, but the passenger half was clean. Almost like a line was drawn down the center of it.
    I was able to vacuum it and run a stiff long bristled nylon brush through the fins to get most of the dirt out.
    God every muscle in my body hurts after contorting to reach back in that area.

On a happy note though, I'm jazzed there's nothing wrong with my A/C system.
    The PO had the A/C belt removed for a noise complaint on the last service before I bought it. The Shop said the compressor clutch was bad, and they were qouted $1100 to repair it.
    I put a new belt on and the A/C works primo, no noise and cools to 42 degree F only like R12 can
    Maybe they did (or didn't do) the MF too ??

Thieving and or incompetent auto mechanics that you pay to work on your car suck !! I am so blessed I can do it myself !

Bill, is this decal on all e34s? I do not see one on my 95. BTW, the cabin filter change seemed "almost" routine the second time around.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default I agree its very easy to me and i have a screwed up back from

working on cars...you should have the decal on yours right next to the airbag decal, it will be red or black, Bulletin 64 12 92 3632 will give you more info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    Bill, is this decal on all e34s? I do not see one on my 95. BTW, the cabin filter change seemed "almost" routine the second time around.

airbag? i dont have one on the pass side on my car, was it an option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    working on cars...you should have the decal on yours right next to the airbag decal, it will be red or black, Bulletin 64 12 92 3632 will give you more info on it.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default It was standard after 9/93 production dates

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    airbag? i dont have one on the pass side on my car, was it an option?

wow 3 months off.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast