GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Megasquirt install is almost done.

Default Megasquirt install is almost done.

So its been over a month since i was last able to get home to work on my 325is between work, school, and autox. I finally was able to get a free day to drive home to work on my car and my project is nearing completion. I finished up the wiring harness and have tried to hide it as much as possible and try to make it look like a clean install. The two pictures of a brass fiting are my IAT and CLT. My CLT is placed the same place as JonK since I did an EFE delete I just put T in the bypass line. As for the IAT i also deleted my PCV and just put the IAT in place of were the PCV hose ran into the TB boot. Both of these systems are emissions related, and im not concerned bout those sa away they went. I also installed the wideband 02 and calibrated it. As Jonk said there is slots around the shifter that you can punch out to run wires from under the car to the cabin. The relay box is all wired and ready to go. All I have to do from here is wait for my MS to get back from being fixed, and hook it up and see how it goes. Hopefully well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

This is were all of the wires come together.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Good to see you making progress brandyn -

Your motor is doing good - all stripped everything looks great gonna start cleaning it up and rebuilding once finals end, this next week.

As for my megasquirt - I ordered 5 VB921's and an additional heatsink and have an excellent idea of how i am going to do 6 COP wasted spark. Is that what you decided to go with? I was thinking about running 6 COP sequential spark w/ 2nd trigger cam input, but once I delete the motronic I am probably going to strip the cam sensor out just to ease wiring. Additionally, i know you did the PCM idle control valve circuit but I am thinking about just using a throttle plate adjustment with ICV delete - I am blowing that hose out (since I epoxied the connector in) with around 7 psi of boost keep me updated.

I am currently building another MegaSquirt ECU V3 for jjdickm. I will happily entertain other requests for these awesome ECUs if anyone is interested - good work brandyn.

Nice work! It looks like I may be doing this to the E34 after I add one on my M3. Keep us updated on how it's working out.
    -Seth- Vancouver, WA

535im is gone...

just out of curiosity, since you are deleting the pcv, how do plan to deal with crankcase ventilation?

Yea, im doing the 6 VB921s with two on each of three spark outputs. I messed something up when i was trying to modify the board so I have to send it out to Peter. Im going to try to use the ICV, but if I cant get it working im just going to do what your doing. The only thing that isnt wired now is the Vanos, but im not going to worry about it till I get the car running. Im gonna need your setup your running for wheel decoder. But im happy with the progress i made this weekend, and with how the harness looks in the engine compartment. It almost looks cleaner than the stock harness did.

Crankcase ventilation is not a serious issue. All the PCV is designed to do is to capture unburned HC that blew by the rings during combustion. Well since this things is going to be nowhere nere street legal as far as the state is going to know, im not gonna worry bout it. Ill probably put a filter inplace of the PCV line and vent it to atmosphere. If you've ever seen a car from the 60s or earlier you'll notice thats what they do, but the filter is mainly used to keep oil off of your pretty engine.

Quote Originally Posted by bjl4776
    Crankcase ventilation is not a serious issue. All the PCV is designed to do is to capture unburned HC that blew by the rings during combustion. Well since this things is going to be nowhere nere street legal as far as the state is going to know, im not gonna worry bout it. Ill probably put a filter inplace of the PCV line and vent it to atmosphere. If you've ever seen a car from the 60s or earlier you'll notice thats what they do, but the filter is mainly used to keep oil off of your pretty engine.

Thats what I have done - K&N breather valve on the crank case top. The filter is actually just to filter air that might get drawn in, otherwise you can just leave it open.

I am still not sure my 60-2 settings are perfect. I will be finding out soon

I have a good idea for my mounting of hte 6 VB921s - youre doing it the same way I am, 6 COP WS So, we'll have identical setups so hopefully between the two of us we can iron out issues. Are you running the 029q firmware? I am, its really nice. I can't wait to set up launch control and nitrous... did I say that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by bjl4776
    I finally was able to get a free day to drive home to work on my car and my project is nearing completion.
    What made you decide to use MS in your car?
    How is it beneficial?

deleted air conditioning

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast