GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Feeler: For Sale - Pristine OEM 17" BBS Type 5 rims

Default Feeler: For Sale - Pristine OEM 17" BBS Type 5 rims

Alright fellas,
    You're guys here at bimmer.info are the first to get at this PRISTINE set of the beloved type 5s here. If you were waiting for a nice set - these are the ones.

It was my dream to get a nicely mantained set of these but I never got a chance to install em. They are off a 2003 540is and have been well taken care of with very minor scuffs. They still shine fantastic, beautifully stunning and eye-catching.. Since I bought them they've just been displayed all winter in my room. Now since I decided to get rid of my car soon, the rims gotta go. Trust me it's going to be hard to part with them.

These are the real deal OEM BBS made in Germany 17x8 2-piece wheel that's riveted together. They have painted and clearcoated silver spokes with a deep aluminum lip. They are designed for a 235/45/17 tire fitment. They're relatively lightweight at about 20 lbs. They're boxed up nice and ready to go. Lug bolts are included. They're the proper offset and will need a set of hubcentric rings to fit our cars. These are a set of FOUR. I payed a pretty sum for em. Shoot me a nice offer and I'll negotiate.

Last edited by rockyfeller; 05-10-2006 at 11:05 AM.

King Of NYC

can u weigh one for me pleasE? also wats the width?

17x8 I believe. It's the standard OEM wheel that fits a 235/45/17 tire. I'll weigh the wheel tomorrow and get back to you. Here's a similar wheel for reference, looks just like mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-BM...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by rockyfeller; 05-06-2006 at 07:19 PM.

King Of NYC

~20lbs each.

King Of NYC

bump

King Of NYC

thanks man, bump

Damn Nice..URRRGGGHHH ...I just bought new 15" Traction TA'a tires with a 50K warranty`

OMG HAHAHA! That's exactly what happened to me!!

1 1/2 yrs ago I needed tires BAD for winter. I couldn't afford Type 5s and new tires at the time. It was a toss up to get new Traction T/As or wait and risk through the winter with bad tires and wait and save up to buy type 5s. Logically I bought the new tires, it wasn't like I was going to put the 17s on in the winter anyway. I just don't have the heart to store away my new BFs now and buy another set of tires for my type 5s since I plan on selling the car soon. By the way they have a 60k warranty and mine are the V-rated ones, can't beat that.

In the used rim market I personally think you should always get new tires anyways. Why would you want someone else's potentially unsafe used tire? I'd say even if you have new tires and you plan keeping the car awhile and live in a snowy winter area, keep the stockers for winter and the type 5s with performance summer tires. You'll protect the good rims from salt/sand/ice and also you get optimum all year performance.
    Last edited by rockyfeller; 05-09-2006 at 10:12 AM.

King Of NYC

Bump, I know somebody must have been lookin for these, collecting offers, already got a few.

King Of NYC