GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any updates on the Shogun reset?

Default Any updates on the Shogun reset?

I'm think of doing this tonight, and wanted to know if good long term results are still happening?

all it does is clear the memory of the computer, if theres a problem the computer will relearn the bad habbit and return to the way it was running in a few days
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default works best after

you've changed something like a sensor, injectors etc.

The memory is wiped and the system can learn the new stuff.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

after a few days of run time it would adjust anyway, it's going to run how it wants to run
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Too impatient

like to see the results of my labor

Well I did put new 19lb injectors in a month ago, and didn't notice too much of a difference, and my engine runs a little rough. I changed plugs, cap and rotor, and did an oil change. My car likes to hunt a little while warming up, and while sitting at a light. This was happening before a tune up. BTW the tach does not move when the engine hunts....It likes to hunt deer, and bear. Will be waiting for Jeff to make a great comment about the hunting.

Default Start hunting for a vacuum leak

that's what could be causing the hunting

I have been reading some of the post here, and was wondering if the IAC would cause this also. I will look for the Vac leak. I think my oil pump is going bad, ticking at bottom end. Not rod knock. So I'm going to pull the pan, and replace the pump, the timing chain, and do valve adjustments.

What's the idea behind shorting the battery cables and turning the key to pos 2?

There IS no idea behind shorting the battery terminals! There's no basis in fact for doing it. None. Nada. Zip. With a few minor exceptions, all the key switch does is energize a relay that supplies power to the car's systems. Without power to the switch at the key, that relay doesn't energize, so turning the key accomplishes exactly *nothing*.

You will reset everything that needs resetting by simply disconnecting the negative terminal to the battery and leaving it off for a couple minutes. That's enough for any load using battery keep-alive to self-discharge.

If you were smart, you wouldn't disconnect the battery at all, since it's such a nuisance to re-set all the things that 'forget' like clock, OBC values (range, mileage), seats, radio, etc. It's much easier just to pull the connector off the ECU. It's four screws to take the cover off, and then pop the connector off. Couldn't be easier. Give it a minute and reassemble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast