GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Question from a newbie

Default Question from a newbie

Hello to everyone. Newbie here so I was hoping I could get a little help. It would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering what would be the best way to find out when I could get a reserve spot/get on the list for a new car that's going into production. For example: I heard that someone who just got called up by BMW because he had a spot for the M6.

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

call the stealership.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

call the stealership.
    And have some money(or an Avenue to some money)
    Gone but not forgotten

You probably need advance info on the model you are interested in and go armed with that when you speak to a dealer representative, as often even the dealer will have no clue what's going on. One fellow at the dealership had no idea that there was even such a thing as the M6 coming out and other didn't believe me when I said the M5 and M6 will use the same engine (this a few months ago - not sure how the topic came up). Normally if it is some exceedingly rare car you are after, the company will often contact previous/loyal/important customers to notify them of the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Traian
    You probably need advance info on the model you are interested in and go armed with that when you speak to a dealer representative, as often even the dealer will have no clue what's going on. One fellow at the dealership had no idea that there was even such a thing as the M6 coming out and other didn't believe me when I said the M5 and M6 will use the same engine (this a few months ago - not sure how the topic came up). Normally if it is some exceedingly rare car you are after, the company will often contact previous/loyal/important customers to notify them of the release.
    ...And don't let them try and sell you something else. I read a story about a guy who wanted to buy an E60 525i and was waiting for the up-specced engines. The stealer spun him some crap about a 12 month waiting list so he could shift some old stock. The guy fell for it and bought a 'new' car that was superseded within weeks!
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia