GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Palm Trees in Illinois?

Default Palm Trees in Illinois?

Browsing autotrader I see:
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=195958801

Dealer is in illinois... yet I think I see palm trees in the background. I didn't know it was so tropical up there!

Edit: Must be a gimmic at the dealer... Google Earth agrees with the photo layout minus the trees.
    Last edited by Robin-535im; 05-05-2006 at 07:02 AM.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Default Yeah dude, it's tropical in these here parts....

Screw the trees, what is that jet doing in the backyard there?????

Um....I know Midway is far enough away to avoid this kind of thing....

Also, that car looks like it has been sitting for a while....lot of rotor corrosion. Depending on how much, that can be hard to drive off....ask me how I know. The dealer was kind enough to understand that a BMW shouldn't drive like that and they "gladly" replaced all four rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    Browsing autotrader I see:
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=195958801

Dealer is in illinois... yet I think I see palm trees in the background. I didn't know it was so tropical up there!

Edit: Must be a gimmic at the dealer... Google Earth agrees with the photo layout minus the trees.

540i sport. Rare car. Only made with all the goodies in 2003. It had many of the M5 goodies including similar front and rear bumpers and m5 like suspension. Very desirable car.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

I just couldn't resist. I called them up and asked if they have palm trees planted out near the curb. The lady I spoke to assured me that they do indeed have them.

Not really surprising that the google does not show them, they are often very out of date, I googled my address and the pic shoes my neighbor with a big tree in his front yard that blew down last summer during a storm.

Midwesterners do all sorts of things like this at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    Screw the trees, what is that jet doing in the backyard there?????

Um....I know Midway is far enough away to avoid this kind of thing....

Also, that car looks like it has been sitting for a while....lot of rotor corrosion. Depending on how much, that can be hard to drive off....ask me how I know. The dealer was kind enough to understand that a BMW shouldn't drive like that and they "gladly" replaced all four rotors.
    Yeah I saw that jet too. Funny how it looks low when shown in that way - and surprisingly crisp given how fast it was probably going. That is, unless it is really parked in the forest right there...

I have three searches on autotrader bookmarked: 2003 540 sports under $35k/, 2003 540iT sports, and e39 m5's under $35k. The 2003 540iT is cool as they have the M bumpers and a 10-spoke parallel wheel (that ILOVEMPOWER assures me is NOT called an m-parallel ) In 2003 I think the regular 540 sports had the full ///M suspension and the 540 tourings had front shocks/springs and maybe sways from the///M5, with different stuff in the rear b/c of the self-levelling suspension. That's what I gather anyways.
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Near there is the home of the albino squirrel in Marion. Lil white things with red and blue eyes running all over the place. Just a bit of creepy trivia.