GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Its official. Its the head gasket

Default Its official. Its the head gasket

Just under the old girl changing the belts and drip, drip, Underneath the exhaust manifold. I new the cam lobes were warn and I hummed and hawed about changing the cam. Well, its a good time to do the whole ball of wax. Anyone familiar with M30 headgasket swaps. I've done lots of em on Toyotas, Hondas, dodges, etc. Anything special about the 535? Your comments, insults, and advice is welcolme. Pi.
    PI

Quote Originally Posted by piman
    Just under the old girl changing the belts and drip, drip, Underneath the exhaust manifold. I new the cam lobes were warn and I hummed and hawed about changing the cam. Well, its a good time to do the whole ball of wax. Anyone familiar with M30 headgasket swaps. I've done lots of em on Toyotas, Hondas, dodges, etc. Anything special about the 535? Your comments, insults, and advice is welcolme. Pi.
    Last year I blew the head gasket after some experimentation on increasing engine compression. I changed the camshaft, and the rest of things. Releasing the cam from m30 head is an arduous task for DIY'er without special tools. I developed very cost effective technique to release the camshaft that requires minor machining:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerdcib/e34a/id1.html

deleted air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by piman
    Get a Bentley manual - fairley detailed.

Good luck.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."