GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Quickest access to a vacuum line on E34?

Default Quickest access to a vacuum line on E34?

I am going to Seafoam my M50 engine, and I want to know the easiest place to access a vacuum line. Does the intake manifold have a suction hose just like the M20 engine?

On a related note, I read a BMW thread on a different forum where the poster removed his spark plugs and poured Seafoam directly into the cylinders and let it soak for a few minutes. Is this a good idea? How much Seafoam do I pour in? I expect that Seafoam and carbon deposits would come flying out the sockets as soon as I start cranking.

Seafoam really helped my old 3-series with the M20 engine; I'd love to give this one a good cleaning as well.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by theirongiant; 05-05-2006 at 06:31 AM.

How big a vaccum line do you need? Just open the hood and find a vaccum hose and T in. I would recomend you don't run it through any check valves.

the two ports in a m50 are the one for the fpr near the back and the one at the fitting for the icv directly in the center under the intake
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

if you pour too much in the cylinders you can hydrolock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theirongiant
    I am going to Seafoam my M50 engine, and I want to know the easiest place to access a vacuum line. Does the intake manifold have a suction hose just like the M20 engine?

On a related note, I read a BMW thread on a different forum where the poster removed his spark plugs and poured Seafoam directly into the cylinders and let it soak for a few minutes. Is this a good idea? How much Seafoam do I pour in? I expect that Seafoam and carbon deposits would come flying out the sockets as soon as I start cranking.

Seafoam really helped my old 3-series with the M20 engine; I'd love to give this one a good cleaning as well.

Any advice is appreciated.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by joshua43214
    How big a vaccum line do you need? Just open the hood and find a vaccum hose and T in. I would recomend you don't run it through any check valves.
    Not too big; just about 1/4" or so. I will be inserting the hose into a can of Seafoam. The suction should be strong enough so that the intake will "drink" it like water through a straw and spray it all over the inside of the manifold before feeding it to the cylinders.

Default Seafoam?

Please explain what this is and what it does? I've never heard of it before....

it cleans out your engine. You can put a can in your gas tank, or the intake.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA