GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Dash Board

Default Dash Board

Dont know how it happened, I've had my e34 about 3 months and a couple days ago I armor-alled the whole inside so today I noticed some black spots on the dash, I tried a couple of things to remove them but nothing happened. Any ideas?

When I used to work on Saabs, they all had a cracking issue in the dash, and the rivets the held the glovebox together would telegraph through the vinyl ad make bumps on the outside. The cars that where treated regularly with Armor All, where always in far worse condition than those that where neglected. Was always fun to replace entire dash pads for the Saab cult members that where embarrassed by all the cracks, made them look like they never cared for the interior.

Whatever it is that makes the dash all shiny seems to harden and then they crack like in cold weather. I only use Lexol products on my interior.

Either way, what are you driving? what year? what country? what color? I assume its not black?

It may be mildew.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua43214
    When I used to work on Saabs, they all had a cracking issue in the dash, and the rivets the held the glovebox together would telegraph through the vinyl ad make bumps on the outside. The cars that where treated regularly with Armor All, where always in far worse condition than those that where neglected. Was always fun to replace entire dash pads for the Saab cult members that where embarrassed by all the cracks, made them look like they never cared for the interior.

Whatever it is that makes the dash all shiny seems to harden and then they crack like in cold weather. I only use Lexol products on my interior.

Either way, what are you driving? what year? what country? what color? I assume its not black?

It may be mildew.
    Well I'm sure it's not cracked, I live in Ohio, Its 93 525I and the inside is tan. I tried a small amount of goo gone and rubbed it in with no results. I also have to wounder if the color is rubbing off or is there such a thing?

Default Could of been colored tan

in a previous life by an owner or repair guy, and now some of the tan is wearing off?

I wipe amorall all over the plastic and rubber, and so far had good results.

Just keep it off the wiper blades or it's instant blurred vision when you turn them on.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........