GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 4300k HID in US Proj vs. 6000k in Euro Proj

Default 4300k HID in US Proj vs. 6000k in Euro Proj

Finally got some good pics of 4300k D2S Bulbs rebased in Andreas US Projectors in her 530i vs. 6000k H1 based bulbs in my Euro Projectors - you can see the distinct beam pattern. Which one you prefer is up to you. You can also see the light output that is sacrificed by going with a higher Kelvin (bluer) bulb.

And here is the respective glare from the two setups - as you guessed, since euros have a higher cutoff pattern there is a little more glare.

This is for all those people asking about what the two setups look like

Nice work! I wish I could get the stock cutoff again but I don't want to sacrifice the look of the halo rings
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

is it pretty expensive to do an hid setup. I think I would probably want the more blue. also money was sent yesterday at 3pm for the ms

Quote Originally Posted by jjdickm
    is it pretty expensive to do an hid setup. I think I would probably want the more blue. also money was sent yesterday at 3pm for the ms

They aren't too cheap. ~$300 - $600 per kit, more if you want the euro projectors.

Jonathon, I found out I start my internship June 12 so I will have plenty of time in a week to get your unit done.

You are more directly in front of euro setup compared to US setup... Euro is supposed to have less glare overall... So the proper way to take the pic is stand on the driver side of each car as in oncoming car position. Hell ya if you stand on the passenger side, sure you are going to get a heckuva lot of glare with euro setup! Those 'glare' is supposed to light up the signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    You are more directly in front of euro setup compared to US setup... Euro is supposed to have less glare overall... So the proper way to take the pic is stand on the driver side of each car as in oncoming car position. Hell ya if you stand on the passenger side, sure you are going to get a heckuva lot of glare with euro setup! Those 'glare' is supposed to light up the signs.
    Those 'glare' is supposed to light up the signs.

So that's why the cutoff is so... erm... angular. Nice.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger

I don't care what people say... the euros will always glare more than US. As you can see in the beam pattern it flips up... I don't know how people figure that will light up signs but not blind people... fact of the matter is they blind people, and that's too bad for them - if they move to the left it won't bother them