GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Headlight + Foglight up grade(bulbs)

Default Cheapest Headlight + Foglight up grade(bulbs)

Whats the cheapest ugrade for bulbs for our cars, hid require kits right?? are there any alternatvie bulbs ,

J.McWatters

I just installed these today. They seem to be a bit brighter and they have a lifetime warranty. Was recommended by a fella on the board here.

$30.00 USD for 2 bulbs

http://xenonexpert.com/xtechalogenbulbs.html

"Xtec HIDMatch™ halogen bulbs that match your HID are made to remove that "yellow" color stock bulbs have. They are rated at 4000K giving you a nice white color that can match your HID bulbs or even your other Xtec halogen bulbs.

These bulbs carry the same lifetime warranty the Xtec products are known for. That's right. A bulb burns in 3 months? We send you another one for free.....Nobody does that."

Hmm seems very good, and u didnt have to mod them or anything stupid for ur car????

also what lights did u put your bulbs in

J.McWatters

I went with the Sylvania SilverStar. I remember someone on the board mentioning that they didn't like them. I think they are great. I get compliments all the time on how bright my lights are. Of course that is partly the German engineering of the lighting system. But seriously the high beams are realy f'in bright.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

Um, I did my low beams which are 9006's. The high beam are 9005's I think- although I'm not sure. The fog lights, I didn't check what my model was. No, it's just a replacement part that works better and lasts longer. I also didn't want to modify anything. I had regular Sylvania's in there previously. I was looking at the Sylvania silverstar (3800K)but I've heard from my mechanic that they fry after awhile and they don't have a warranty worth spit. When I found a cheaper and brighter option with a forever warranty, I went with that.

I just want what I have to work the best that it can stock. I like stock. I wasn't comfortable with retrofitting a 9005 onto the 9006 headlamp. While this seems insanely minor compared to everything else that folks do here, that's just how I want to handle this car.
    Last edited by ThoreauHD; 05-02-2006 at 02:44 PM.

so what would i purchase for the fog lights same as lows?

J.McWatters

Quote Originally Posted by McWatters
    Whats the cheapest ugrade for bulbs for our cars, hid require kits right?? are there any alternatvie bulbs ,

J.McWatters
    I think Philips makes bulbs that approach 4000K (HID domain) for e34 application - 9006 and 9005 may be the ones, ~$30US

deleted air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by SchnellE34
    I went with the Sylvania SilverStar. I remember someone on the board mentioning that they didn't like them. I think they are great. I get compliments all the time on how bright my lights are. Of course that is partly the German engineering of the lighting system. But seriously the high beams are realy f'in bright.
    Basically those are extremely white, and the author adds that the only thing with these is you don't get the "aftermarket" (dunno) blue look.

What would give you a blue look anyways? Phillips?
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

no one listens to me but ill waste bandwidth anyways.

Wagner Brite lights. havent replaced one yet, going on 3 years.

want info? google them, want a link to cheap wagner bulb supplier ask.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Charles asks:

<What would give you a blue look anyways? Phillips?>

Why would anyone want "blue" looking headlights? Is it to pretend you have actual Xenon HID lights? Or do you just want that "look" so you can show off?

If you want Xenon HID, then spend the $$$$ and do it! Otherwise, it appears tha the 9005 bulb conversion that Bruno's site recommends is no longer necessary as equivalent 9006 bulbs for Sylvannia, Wagner, etc. are now available. Get a set of those and enjoy!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast