GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e34 Bulbs

Default e34 Bulbs

Hi All--did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for--I need amber bulbs for the front and rear turn signals for my e34 M5--does anyone have part numbers? Are they Autozone-easy to find or do I need to order them?

Thanks!

You should be able to into any auto parts store and go over near the bulbs section... there's usually a "manual" with common bulb part numbers for tons of different cars.

EDIT: Also, I believe the stock bulbs are white, it's just the amber housing that gives them color.
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Make sure that for the taillamps you get the Sylvania "euro" bulbs. They cost more but have better quality bases. The regular sylvanias give some people trouble in that they trip the LKM for a bad bulb even when its working fine.

Oh and don't forget to check your blinker fluid...

If you have an owner's manual, look them up. You want to make sure and get the correct wattage.

Greg Mendoza

Thanks for the tips--the owners manual is in my glovebox, and my car is at the paint shop--basically I am getting my clear turn signal/taillight lenses today and I was going to bring them all over so that the shop could reinstall clears [hence my need for Amber bulbs]--

Qube--exactly what I needed thanks again!

Of course, my crap local Autozone has an aisle with about 30 bulbs [WHAT A SELECTION!] with only the clear 7506--didn't have a single other bulb that fit the car---front signal, side marker, brake light, parking light, anything...I guess I'll have to go online and order some for delivery....ridiculous that an auto parts store wouldn't have this stuff.

if you are getting clear signal housings get "chromed" bulbes so they stay clear unless they are blinking.

Thanks Billion--I have been taught a trick to spray paint the top of the bulb silver so that it doesn't do the "egg yolk" effect...

Another problem--according to Sylvania's site the 7528s are clear only, and the amber ones are 1157s..same connector and everything, but the amber bulbs put out higher voltage than the clears [12.8 versus 12.0]

Will I still be OK using these or will voltage differences give me issues?

Crisis averted [for now]--my clears shipped with bulbs intact in the turn signals from Pacific BMW---also, since I'm a moron, I ordered clear side markers as well--I have a brand new set of those now for sale because my car HAS NO sidemarkers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast