GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Place to Sell

Default Best Place to Sell

I have to part ways with my E34 for now. It's a 91 535 with about 120,000 miles and in relatively good shape for it's age. I hate to put it in the Auto Trader and have someone buy it and just destroy her. I would like to pass it on to someone I know will continue to at the very least maintain her. Any other enthusiast websites I can post at or better yet is there somewhere that I can post by region??

If anyone here is interested, PM me.
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

Best place to sell??

An E34 enthusiasts convention!!

2nd Best??

A BMW enthusiasts convention!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Other free places here in the US are Craiglist, Pelican Parts, and Bimmerforums.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

We sold our 90 525 by putting it out on the corner of a busy street, unlocked (with the code on) with a write-up about e34s in it. It educated potential buyers about the uniqueness of the e34, its good features, and the ease of dyi wrenching a e34. The guy who bought it works on it and maintains it and loves it.

Besides the brochure and think the other key was I detailed that car within an inch of its life. I even detailed the engine. It gave it a well cared for appearance and in turn attracted people who would care for it.

Here is the thread that has our "sales brochure". Even if you don't use our technique, the brochure will give you some sales points in talking with people.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13864
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Gayle, great idea, but you have more guts than I do leaving it unlocked. I know that no one can steal it with the code on, but with all the a-holes in this world I would worry about easy access to the interior. Otherwise I totally agree, don't post pics without it being spotless, and don't show it to anyone dirty. Dirty cars are a huge turn-off, it just screams neglect. The brochure is a nice idea, I typically just put an info sheet in the window, as well as a KBB print-out showing the value as being higher than my asking price.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Yea, I don't think I could do that unlocked door thing here in the bay area.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

I would think all of the enthusiast boards would be a good place--bimmerforums, bimmerfest.com, maybe even post on m5board.com and just have the heading as the type of car you have to sell [although a lot of those guys are over in Europe]...

If you aren't in a hurry then the sites and bmwcca, etc are great places to sell. I have sold all of my Porsches through rennlist.com and PCA, as I don't want to deal with A-holes tire kicking on Autotrader, and eBay is a last resort-type thing for me. That said, if you get to the point where you really need the $$, put her on eBay with no reserve and you might be surprised by what you get for the car--e34s are rare on eBay from what I have seen.

Good luck!

All good ideas...thanks. I definitely need to detail her. The hard part is I was going to leave it parked at work with a sign since we are on a major highway, but there is a pre-cast concrete plant about a block away that constantly covers the area in dust. I guess I could just rinse her off every morning. Probably detail this weekend and throw a sign in on Monday.
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by athflying79
    All good ideas...thanks. I definitely need to detail her. The hard part is I was going to leave it parked at work with a sign since we are on a major highway, but there is a pre-cast concrete plant about a block away that constantly covers the area in dust. I guess I could just rinse her off every morning. Probably detail this weekend and throw a sign in on Monday.
    Where are you located?
    Zac

Quote Originally Posted by athflying79
    I have to part ways with my E34 for now. It's a 91 535 with about 120,000 miles and in relatively good shape for it's age. I hate to put it in the Auto Trader and have someone buy it and just destroy her. I would like to pass it on to someone I know will continue to at the very least maintain her. Any other enthusiast websites I can post at or better yet is there somewhere that I can post by region??

If anyone here is interested, PM me.
    you can try "Roundel" - BMWCCA magazine...

deleted air conditioning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast