GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fog lights, wrong plug

Default New Fog lights, wrong plug

Well, I ordered a pair of new fog lights saturday off of ebay. Apparently they are OEM lights so I figured what the hell, the wires I have ought to work...wrong. I went out to check the plug that goes into the current light bulb and it is an elliptical type plug. The picture of the connection on these new lights is quite a bit different. Can some one please point me in the right direction as to where to get plugs for these lights?

I don't have them yet so theres no rush, I guess I'll think twice before ordering parts again.

New Lights

Plug

I currently have these fog lights:
    http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/P804839446HEL.JPG

you need to get h1 female plugs and 9006 mle plugs...just like how one would do for using h1 euro epec ellipsoids. If you search, you should be able to find them.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    Can some one please point me in the right direction as to where to get plugs for these lights?
    A dealer? realoem.com has various plug part numbers...

You live in Georgia, call bavauto.com and speak to their representative about this, they should be able to take care of you...

deleted air conditioning

I talked to Bavauto today and the sales rep I talked to could not gaurantee that the part number I asked about was correct. Does anyone know if part number 61131378417 (#5) is the correct part? Also, I'm sure there are ends for the wires that I will need, just don't know which.

liquidtiger720: I searched all over the place for what you suggested and nothing I found looked right.

If any one can confirm this part number then I can call Bavauto back and order it, don't see any reason to order it and not have any idea if it is the right part and to not get all of the parts I need.

Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by pgrindstaff
    Well, I ordered a pair of new fog lights saturday off of ebay. Apparently they are OEM lights so I figured what the hell, the wires I have ought to work...wrong. I went out to check the plug that goes into the current light bulb and it is an elliptical type plug. The picture of the connection on these new lights is quite a bit different. Can some one please point me in the right direction as to where to get plugs for these lights?

I don't have them yet so theres no rush, I guess I'll think twice before ordering parts again.

New Lights

Plug

I currently have these fog lights:
    http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/P804839446HEL.JPG
    I got those same fog lights off ebay. I took mine to my indy and he found the part for me.
    [2004 BMW 330i 225HP Sports Package, Steptronic Trans, Xenon Adaptive Lights

Mr. Grind. The p/n he gave you is correct, here is what I have saved.

Circular wiring connectors- (green wire sections about 12 inches long) (x4) = 61-13-0-007-445 {US retail $3.00 /each}
    White connector plugs (x2) = 61-13-1-378-417 {US retail $1.45/ each

for the 9005/6 connectors, I'll point you towards www.rallylights.com

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Strange... I have the same fogs and got new OE connectors from stealer, and wires from BMA. They fit just fine...
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

how did you connect the wires on the car to the wires from bma?! haha

www.KaRealtySF.com

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    how did you connect the wires on the car to the wires from bma?! haha
    What do you mean? The connector consists of three parts... two wires with female ends, and the... erm 'holder' which holds the two wires and plugs into the light. It's just a matter of snip and splice.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

well, the 9006 plug must connect into something, unless you cut that off. =x.

www.KaRealtySF.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast