GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Time to rip the mill apart

Default Time to rip the mill apart

Coolent leaking on ground under exhaust manifold, surging out overflow tank, intermintent heat. The Hitler mobile is due for an upper end overhaul. Anyone wanting to express their frustration with similar doings at this point, is more than welcome. The only good thing-- I work at a shop and get the bottom pricing for parts and have work buddies familiar with the gestapo ride. I'll see you in hell Hitler, be ready, you bastard!!!!
    PI

Quote Originally Posted by piman
    Coolent leaking on ground under exhaust manifold, surging out overflow tank, intermintent heat. The Hitler mobile is due for an upper end overhaul. Anyone wanting to express their frustration with similar doings at this point, is more than welcome. The only good thing-- I work at a shop and get the bottom pricing for parts and have work buddies familiar with the gestapo ride. I'll see you in hell Hitler, be ready, you bastard!!!!

OK, almost off the first page, so I'll bite.

I don't know the M30, bit I'd guess you're looking at a head gasket at minimum. Upper end overhaul, I dunno know. Deal with the leakage.

Hitler may have been a prick, but he isn't responsible for your overheat.

Find out EXACTLY where its leaking from and let us know. From there we can help.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Sorry if I offend anyone about my comments. I am really angry with this car. I have been constantly working on this. ( new fuel tank, coil springs, fuel lines, all brakes and lines, on and on, And now this. I am at my wits end.
    PI

Do a chemical test of the fluid in the overflow tank to check if it contains combustion gasses.Check your block drain plug.Any oil in coolant or coolant in oil?Steam at exhaust?How about your heater hoses.

After 16 years of use rubber tends to degrade. Perhaps BMW more than most, I don't know. I had to replace all of the hoses, clamps, gaskets, and seals. I didn't have to do brake lines or a fuel tank though. That car must have been in a harsh environment.