GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Alignment

Default Wheel Alignment

I've called around and found prices anywhere from $120-$160. The $160 is of course the dealer, which people say has the best equipment. Is it worth the extra $40? Also, do these prices seem about right or a little high? Thanks.

BennyM

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

Benny, I just paid $60. It was at a tire store with a hunter machine. They even let me watch which if I were them I would've charged more . That's not Minneapolis though.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Default I paid $25.00 for front only.

The tire store's normal price is $35.00. Since I had had them do a front end alignment in the last six months they charged me less when I purchased new new tires from them. This is front only. They used Hunter equipment and took their time. Dealer wantedr $110.00 to check all four wheels. This is in Lexington, KY.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyM
    I've called around and found prices anywhere from $120-$160. The $160 is of course the dealer, which people say has the best equipment. Is it worth the extra $40? Also, do these prices seem about right or a little high? Thanks.

BennyM
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default I thought the hunter was for wheel balancing, not alignment. ???

yeah, believe it or not, Leighton's Garage was the cheapest price I found. Don't know if you ever went there, but it's not the cheapest indy in the TwinCities. I sure would prefer to pay $60 instead though.

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

They make both types of machines. The alignment was pretty cool to watch. They type in the make, model and wheel size into the computer and it takes all kind of digital kind of pictures or images and then tells the tech what to do. It was a Goodyear place. I never went to Leightons when I was in Mpls. I always went to Orr Auto in St. Lous Park. They only work on BMWs. I went to Sears in Wayzata once. NEver went back. Orr is pretty involved in the car club too. I don't remember seeing any alignment equipment there though. It was the kind of place that the mechanics made you come into the shop when they were done or while they were working to show you what they were doing because they seemed so excited about it.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Default Yeah, Orr is pretty cool, but no equip for alignment.

Orr is my preference, but they don't have alignment equipment. I only went to Sears once as well. For sure, never again.

Default wow thats cheap..$50 here for front only

nt

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    The tire store's normal price is $35.00. Since I had had them do a front end alignment in the last six months they charged me less when I purchased new new tires from them. This is front only. They used Hunter equipment and took their time. Dealer wantedr $110.00 to check all four wheels. This is in Lexington, KY.
    KEN
    '89 525i M20
    '03 Toyota Sequoia Limited
    http://members.cardomain.com/parkert

Considering that the only adjustment you can do is front toe in, they are all to expensive!

Joe

Default sounds like a couple 2x4s and some string would work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joestancampiano
    Considering that the only adjustment you can do is front toe in, they are all to expensive!

Joe
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I am also in Mpls., much work done at Orr's, and German Autoworks. I have had to get parts from Sears BMW on occasion and have found the mechanics very open, informative and approachable. A bit expensive to consider with repairs, though. Let us know how the alignment goes, I am curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast