GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard to get Parts

Default Hard to get Parts

I just bought a 1990 525i and last night I was changing the valve cover gasket and found the cam luber pipe broken. I have the BMW part number (11421265376) but no one stocks it. I wanted to know of a good place to get these hard to get parts, that will ship to my house.

Thanks in Advanced
    TasMan
    1990 525i 190,000 miles
    Savannah, Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by tasman
    I just bought a 1990 525i and last night I was changing the valve cover gasket and found the cam luber pipe broken. I have the BMW part number (11421265376) but no one stocks it. I wanted to know of a good place to get these hard to get parts, that will ship to my house. Thanks in Advanced TasMan
    Buy a second hand one, soak it in degreaser overnight and clean carefully not damaging the sprayer holes. Crimp in the middle as per the link Shogun placed this or last week on camshaft stuff at an e21 website (I can't find it, sorry, you;ll need to search the threads he has posted). Get a set of Gale's great banjo bolts to make sure they do not back out at some point and do it all again, torque exactly- no more no less.

Check all your cam lobes for wear as they might have dried up at some point which means you will need to replace the cam and the followers/arm assemblies that worked the worn surfaces too. Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 04-28-2006 at 04:18 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

'01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    Buy a second hand one, soak it in degreaser overnight and clean carefully not damaging the sprayer holes. Crimp in the middle as per the link Shogun placed this or last week on camshaft stuff at an e21 website (I can't find it, sorry, you;ll need to search the threads he has posted). Get a set of Gale's great banjo bolts to make sure they do not back out at some point and do it all again, torque exactly- no more no less.

Check all your cam lobes for wear as they might have dried up at some point which means you will need to replace the cam and the followers/arm assemblies that worked the worn surfaces too. Nick
    Thanks
    I called a dealer in Jacksonville that is pretty good and he said he has not sold one of these in over 10 years (computer show time since last ordered). When I removed the valve cover, a piece of the pipe was laying in an oil galley but everything looks O.K. Hopefully I was lucky and the oil was still coming out, where the pipe was broken, as the cam looks undamaged.

TasMan
    1990 525i 190,000 miles
    Savannah, Georgia

Default 1990 525? M20??? banjo bolts?

huh?

I think this car has an M20 in it, the oil spray bar is a tube with flare nuts on each end.

Usally gets broken when gorillas adjust the valves

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

BMA should be able to get it even if it's not on their website. Call Patrick and ask. 1-888-262-3911.

I'm really starting to sound like a BMA whore around here...
    Kristuphir
    =======

'91 535i, 5-speed, black on black
    '59 Ford F-100 camper special
    '77 Honda CB550K (inert)

Default M20 Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    huh?

I think this car has an M20 in it, the oil spray bar is a tube with flare nuts on each end.

Usally gets broken when gorillas adjust the valves
    I would think you are correct. Is a looks like a very easy line to break. Maybe the valves have been adjusted recently and that would be a good thing .

Thanks
    TasMan
    1990 525i 190,000 miles
    Savannah, Georgia

Yes, well BMA's focus is customer service and they can get anything. Sometimes they are a bit more expensive, but most times they are the cheapest. The people are friendly they don't have an annoying california accent. Not much more you can ask for.

Default Good Sight

Quote Originally Posted by yaofeng
    18 bucks !! I ended up paying $28 plus $7 shipping. Should be here next Wednesday, wonder has fast I would have gotten it through them??

Thanks
    TasMan
    1990 525i 190,000 miles
    Savannah, Georgia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast