GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: oil pour

Default Help! oil streaming from 91 M50 chain tensioner?

Help! driving home I noticed a cloud of smoak billowing from my wake, I see a small oil stream coming from what I think the Bentley shows to be the primary timing chain tensioner, anyone up on this? ( 91 525i M50 )
    Last edited by csirisky; 04-25-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csirisky
    Help! driving home I noticed a cloud of smoak billowing from my wake, I see a small oil stream coming from what I think the Bentley shows to be the primary timing chain tensioner, anyone up on this? ( 91 525i M50 )
    Well as it turns out the primary timing chain tensioner had managed to loosen enough to allow oil to stream from the bottom, off the end onto the a/c compressor etc... It made a nice little stream of motor oil when the car was running and managed to pee out about 3 quarts by the time I parked her last night. Today I reached down in there and was able to turn it by hand, so manuvering around the radiator hose, battery and fan shroud with a 12" crescent I was able to tighten it up and after replacing the oil and degunking the engine area we are back in business, Praise God! for divine protection,German engineering and diverted disasters!!!
    csirisky

awesome!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy