GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1990 BMW 535i upgrades

Default 1990 BMW 535i upgrades

Hey everyone, i have a 1990 BMW 535i and I want to turn this into a real head turner, i already have a performance chip, currently working on wheels, one thing that kills me though are the costs of perfomance exhaust systems. I have seen tri flo and remus but im curious if there any any other competitive cheaper brands?

I think a lot of people who want something that sounds good and is cheaper go with a MagnaFlow can. Cheaper than a catback.
    You can pretty much figure at least $500 for a decent catback.

lets see what it looks like currently...... Here is my 1990 535i.
    535 Rear Wheel Enjoyment

Ill try to get it a good picture on tomorrow if our weather clears, lots of rain lately

Almost stock.

My car got covered in pollen, and then it rained. On top of that, i picked a terrible time of day to take the pics so they turned out all grainy.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

what does the K and N intake sound like? any difference and how much did your car get lowered

Quote Originally Posted by blackpawn5
    what does the K and N intake sound like? any difference and how much did your car get lowered
    I only have the K&N filter in the stock intake. The m30 engine sound heavenly at full throttle, but they all might. The PO lowered the car, and i dont know how much. I could measure it if i had some stock measurements to compare it with.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I only have the K&N filter in the stock intake. The m30 engine sound heavenly at full throttle, but they all might. The PO lowered the car, and i dont know how much. I could measure it if i had some stock measurements to compare it with.

oh dont worry about it, i have the K and N filter as well but im planning on buying the intake this week

I dont think you will get a power gain from a K&N intake from these cars, the stock airbox is actually very efficient. If you want more sound, replace the restrictive trumpet silencer with a section of tubing from home depot (do a search).
    southwest WA

im not looking for power at all, just a rich sound without buying a tri flo exhaust system yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast