GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: CD Changer for BMW ALPINE 5 radio

Default CD Changer for BMW ALPINE 5 radio

My 95 E34 didnt have a CD changer when I bought it.
    SO I just bought one from ebay .
    Unfortunately I didnt know that the CDX-M30 doesnt work on some BMW radios !!!
    After I found out how - My radio turned out to be a BMW ALPINE 5 - which aparently isnt compatible with UN-OEM radios !!!

NOW the Manual says the compatible CD-Changers are part numbers:
    82 11 1 467 700 and 82 11 1 468 014

I found another one for sale with the exact second model number !!!!
    But it came from a 93' 3-series ........... will this work ??
    Advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks

i had the bmw changer that was made by alpine. it's a complete POS. i got it in the beginning of 2000, and it just took a **** on me earlier this month. discs get stuck in the changer, and the cartridge doesn't want to come out. happened many times. finally, the ejection mechanism broke on it. ripped it out and threw it in the garbage.

my friend had the same changer on his e36 m3. same problems.

i always read about problems with these changers. my suggestion is to stay way.

my $0.02

Default New or Used ?

Did you buy it new or used?

If used do you know if it was from another 1995 or earlier model.

Default Use a Pioneer/BMW changer

The BMW changer made by Pioneer will work with the Alpine 5 radio. I replaced my Alpine changer on my 95 with a used Pioneer changer about a year ago and no problems. Check the old archives here and at Roadfly for possible sources. Mine came from an 92 0r 94 BMW- not sure. I am almost positve that other year changers will work.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Drooby
    My 95 E34 didnt have a CD changer when I bought it.
    SO I just bought one from ebay .
    Unfortunately I didnt know that the CDX-M30 doesnt work on some BMW radios !!!
    After I found out how - My radio turned out to be a BMW ALPINE 5 - which aparently isnt compatible with UN-OEM radios !!!

NOW the Manual says the compatible CD-Changers are part numbers:
    82 11 1 467 700 and 82 11 1 468 014

I found another one for sale with the exact second model number !!!!
    But it came from a 93' 3-series ........... will this work ??
    Advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

It has to be specifically for the Alpine 5. You're right, there are no aftermarket ones available. I have a 12 disc Pioneer that works with my Alpine 5, I love it.
    There are some out there that will work, the one from the 3 sounds weird, can you check and see if the head unit is an Alpine5? maybe it was changed out.
    There was a guy namen Mancy who had several available, I'll see if I can find his info...

Quote Originally Posted by TWKenny (formerly Ted)
    It has to be specifically for the Alpine 5. You're right, there are no aftermarket ones available. I have a 12 disc Pioneer that works with my Alpine 5, I love it.
    There are some out there that will work, the one from the 3 sounds weird, can you check and see if the head unit is an Alpine5? maybe it was changed out.
    There was a guy namen Mancy who had several available, I'll see if I can find his info...

I bought a Pioneer 12-disc changer from Gus Mancy. He supplied it with the cable that connects to the stock cable for the 95 E-34 that I have. Installation took less than one hour. Very happy with it. It is controlled by my stock in-dash radio/cassette player. I believe it is the only changer that can be used with the 95 E-34. His e-mail address is emancy@woh.rr.com.