GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pic. request: e34 on Eibach's and Bilstein Sports

Default Pic. request: e34 on Eibach's and Bilstein Sports

Hello guys. I am still stuck on what kind of suspension I should go with. I was sold on the Eibach pro-kit with Bilstein sports until I measured the drop on the car and saw that it barely looked dropped from stock height. (except Jeff's car- which looks great, but I think his larger tires fill in the gap a little) I was also thinking of going with Koni's, but the cheapest I could find them for was $620 from shox.com. Does anyone know a place where I can get them cheaper?? Thanks, Andrew

search my username, I have posted pics with that same setup. It drops it a ton, and I would not reccomend the setup if your drive on bad roads. The roads here in the city are terrible and I bottom out daily.

'90 535i
    UUC SSK, Bilstein shocks, Eibach spings, EAT chip, CAI, Super Sprint exhaust, Hella euro headlights, HID kit, M5 spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by BigTed00
    search my username, I have posted pics with that same setup. It drops it a ton, and I would not reccomend the setup if your drive on bad roads. The roads here in the city are terrible and I bottom out daily.
    Thanks Ted. Do you live in NJ?? Also do you know if Mihai cut the bumpstops when the struts were installed???

didnt see you were from NJ. I lived in Cherry Hill, NJ but I now college and live in Charleston, SC

you can probably get away with it in jersey without too much hassle, on the highway its smooth. The drop looks really good, but get 2 passengers in the car and it sags like a mofo. Put three in there and good luck getting out of the driveway

dont know about the bumpstops, your going to have to ask mihai about that

- Ted

'90 535i
    UUC SSK, Bilstein shocks, Eibach spings, EAT chip, CAI, Super Sprint exhaust, Hella euro headlights, HID kit, M5 spoiler

Don't Bilstein struts have internal bump stops??

So wouldn't removing the bump stops work just as well as cutting them?

I do remember seeing some threads about even shortening the internal bump stops on bilsteins.

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    Hello guys. I am still stuck on what kind of suspension I should go with. I was sold on the Eibach pro-kit with Bilstein sports until I measured the drop on the car and saw that it barely looked dropped from stock height. (except Jeff's car- which looks great, but I think his larger tires fill in the gap a little) I was also thinking of going with Koni's, but the cheapest I could find them for was $620 from shox.com. Does anyone know a place where I can get them cheaper?? Thanks, Andrew
    If you live in SoCal you can get them from Eric, Shox's mobil installer for only $549 and the Eibach for $223 (he chargers only $200 to install them). They dropped my front 1.2" and rear 1" and I've got very little space between the tires and well but they don't rub at all and I don't bottom out. The PO had Bilstein HD's on the front (hated how harsh they felt) and the stock Boge's on the rears. Koni's are the best shocks on the planet and well worth the $$.
    [2004 BMW 330i 225HP Sports Package, Steptronic Trans, Xenon Adaptive Lights

If you need them installed you know who to go to

Quote Originally Posted by Speeder 553
    If you live in SoCal you can get them from Eric, Shox's mobil installer for only $549 and the Eibach for $223 (he chargers only $200 to install them). They dropped my front 1.2" and rear 1" and I've got very little space between the tires and well but they don't rub at all and I don't bottom out. The PO had Bilstein HD's on the front (hated how harsh they felt) and the stock Boge's on the rears. Koni's are the best shocks on the planet and well worth the $$.
    Not from what we have been hearing recently.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    Not from what we have been hearing recently.
    KONI Quality
    It needs strict control and monitoring of both design and production when manufacturing a high quality product. Production control begins with all purchased raw materials being thoroughly tested to ensure they meet exacting KONI standards for precision manufacturing. Only the very best materials are used.

Modern production quality control, based upon SPC and Taguchi techniques, ensure that strictest quality standards are met. After final assembly, each shock absorber is 100 % dyno-tested to check that the damping forces are perfectly matched to the specifications and to assure the highest possible quality. Before leaving the factory each shock absorber is electronically tested.

KONI Warranty
    The KONI warranty is a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship and against wear out for as long as you own that car registered for street use. The warranty does not cover damage to the parts caused by misuse, misapplication, installation, motorsports, etc. The warranty does not include mounting bushings. If you determine you have a defective damper you can either contact the company which you purchased the unit(s) from or contact KONI North America directly at warranty@koni-na.com or 859-586-4100. To process your warranty, we will require a copy of the purchase receipt and a vehicle registration. We will generate a return goods authorization (RGA) and can replace the dampers in advance at your discretion.
    [2004 BMW 330i 225HP Sports Package, Steptronic Trans, Xenon Adaptive Lights

Bilstein also has a lifetime warranty and they fail exponentially less often. This is just an E34 forum - you should see all the E30 and E36 users who have them fail. Then that's just the BMW world - S2k, WRX, etc etc etc etc.... they fail a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast