GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AC Delco Silicone Emulsion??

Default AC Delco Silicone Emulsion??

Anyone heard of this as a replacement for BMW Gummi-pflege? It is designed to restore/maintain door gaskets. It is a clear/whitish paste like substance in a white 5 oz. bottle with a red brush top. about $5.00. Corvette and Z3/Z4 people seem to like it a lot

Wipe it on, let it soak, then wipe excess. Looking for an on-line source. my local GM dealer says not a GM part. Go figure?

Part # is 1#10953014
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Hm

May give it a try.

I used to work with a GM guru, he swore by the stuff. But then he swore by GM cars too. Needless to say we argued alot. Stuff seemed fine, better than silicone spray for sure.

Default The US part number is

12345579 and thats a very small tube of the silicone grease that gm uses on weatherstrip and rubber seals. The part number you list is actually 10953014 which is the canadian gm equivalent. I don't think you can get it at a gm dealer in the US , only canada. The newer gm owners manuals for the corvettes list both numbers and say canada for the other number. If you do a quick search for the correct number you'll see that everybody that comes up on that number is in canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    Anyone heard of this as a replacement for BMW Gummi-pflege? It is designed to restore/maintain door gaskets. It is a clear/whitish paste like substance in a white 5 oz. bottle with a red brush top. about $5.00. Corvette and Z3/Z4 people seem to like it a lot

Wipe it on, let it soak, then wipe excess. Looking for an on-line source. my local GM dealer says not a GM part. Go figure?

Part # is 1#10953014

Interesting. However, the stuff I saw did not look like a grease. It was whitish not like the GM grease you mentioned (I have some) I understand the corvette user use as well. Did not work well as it is messy and would not soak into the rubber. I was hoping for a really good gummi-pflege replacement. Oh well.

btw, the part number I gave you is directly from the bottle. I begain to suspect it was canadian as the photo I saw indicated it was 50 ml in size.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Default Here's the part number straight out of the

corvette manual for 2005. The gm weatherstrip grease that i've used in the past is whitish clear and it soaks into the rubber here just about like gummiphlege does, you leave it on for a couple of hours then buff it off. In the heat here its fairly liquid on say a 100 degree day.

Interesting. However, the stuff I saw did not look like a grease. It was whitish not like the GM grease you mentioned (I have some) I understand the corvette user use as well. Did not work well as it is messy and would not soak into the rubber. I was hoping for a really good gummi-pflege replacement. Oh well.

btw, the part number I gave you is directly from the bottle. I begain to suspect it was canadian as the photo I saw indicated it was 50 ml in size.

you the man! Thanks Looks like I need to triy it again and give it more time.
    Thanks,

Default I still prefer gummphflege though.. and hopefully my 2

tubes will last me a long long time.

you the man! Thanks Looks like I need to triy it again and give it more time.

What's wrong with gummi pfledge? I like it just fine - see no reason to change, though I can be educated.

Default Nothing wrong with it, i'll take all of the tubes of it that you can

buy Bmw is no longer producing it. the familiar tube with the sponge applicator isn't available any more. If you find a dealer that has some still you better snatch it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mikell
    What's wrong with gummi pfledge? I like it just fine - see no reason to change, though I can be educated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast