GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Blower motor not functioning.. No Sword??

Default Blower motor not functioning.. No Sword??

I have been troubleshooting the blower motor in my 1992 BMW 525it. I could not find the sword. I have found a AC control unit and removed the micron filter, but cannot find the dreaded sword in the passenger side of the vehicle. I have looked at the following thread-
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/54597

The previous link was helpful, but I still could not locate the sword, nor do I recall seeing it in the donor vehicle. What is the scoop?

My AC control unit has three inputs (white, green and black). Is this the module that controls the blower fan for my vehicle? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. (BTW, if this works, I will have a good Blower motor that I took out of my buddy's 1994 525i available.)

Thanks,
    J

Default Check here at Bruno's site, you have the

resistance speed control rather than the sword. Here

Quote Originally Posted by jonsocal
    I have been troubleshooting the blower motor in my 1992 BMW 525it. I could not find the sword. I have found a AC control unit and removed the micron filter, but cannot find the dreaded sword in the passenger side of the vehicle. I have looked at the following thread-
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/54597

The previous link was helpful, but I still could not locate the sword, nor do I recall seeing it in the donor vehicle. What is the scoop?

My AC control unit has three inputs (white, green and black). Is this the module that controls the blower fan for my vehicle? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. (BTW, if this works, I will have a good Blower motor that I took out of my buddy's 1994 525i available.)

Thanks,
    J

my 1990 525i had a sword but I think they stoped putting them in the 525 in 90 but there should be a resistor on the drivers side by the gas pedad under the dash and center colum carpeted panel. I believe its blue and 3inx3in pluged into the heater housing. hopefully that helps also this is the web site with the procedure. http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Mainte...ical/Sword.htm
    it talks about both resistors

Default That link was HUGELY helpful....

Thanks guys. I have the resistor on the driver's side. I'll be replacing it tomorrow along with the filter. That was very helpful.
    JK