GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 540/6 For Sale/Trade

Default 540/6 For Sale/Trade

I'm tenatively selling my '95 540/6. I phrase it that way because I don't want to, but I'm broke and married with a two year old and a couple years left in school, and it's looking like the best option for us right now. Plus I have zero time to do anything to it. Ideally I would like to purchase something that only requires oil every 3k, probably something dull that I will hate.

1995 540 6 speed, 140,XXX miles. Oxford green over tan leather. Overall in excellent condition, interior is nearly mint except for usual wear on the driver's side seat bolster. For those that don't know, the E34 540/6 was a one year only sport edition of the 540. It had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork, the sweet M5 sport seats, and was pretty well loaded. This is NOT an M-Sport, but still a fairly rare car.

Excellent running and driving car, never had any trouble with it. Records back through 70k or so, I'll look through them tonight and post the major stuff. What I've done in the last 7k: rear dogbones, Racing King subframe inserts, rear sway bar links, Hella clear corners, new chrome kidneys, new roundels, new 17x8.5 M-Contour reps with polished lips, 235/45 Avon Tech M550s, both oxygen sensors, Royal Purple in the transmission and rear diff, as well as a ton of little stuff. I am anal as hell about cars, I removed all the door panels, replaced the broken clips, tightened the wood and armrests, re-glued the pockets. Also tightened every screw I could find, lubed everything lube-able, etc. Thus, it's a very tight car. It also has a Jim C. chip (have original), Bilsteins, Sony ES head unit with CD changer, and a B&B cat back.

Exterior is nice, from five feet it looks nearly perfect. It has a clear title and clean Carfax, but has been in a minor accident. The hood, driver's side fender and front door has been replaced with OEM R-DOT parts, fit and finish is like new. The entire car was also re-sprayed, not a show car job but not Maaco either. One dent on hood, one on trunk lid (see pics). Minor door dings as expected, they don't even show up in pics.

Other minor issues are the typical E34 55 MPH thrust arm shimmy, but it's very smooth at all other speeds. Also the engine cover has cracked at it's mounting points, and it has a minor power steering fluid leak. The hoses leak at the tank, I think just replacing the rubber parts up top would fix it, but as is it's pretty slow. As time and money permits I plan on addressing this little stuff, price right now reflects the little it needs. Small stuff, but I believe in full disclosure when selling anything.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, I need some decent new ones with the wheels, kidneys, etc. I'm looking for $9000 OBO, or would consider trades or trades + cash. I would consider anything with four doors, highly prefer a manual transmission, and it must be in good shape. Email is jessup3@cox.net or PM me. Located in Wichita, KS.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

what age do americans leave 'school'? in the UK its 16...do you mean school as in University?

Yeah, I'm an aerospace engineering college student, which pretty much consumes my life.
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Heh heh. When I was going to school a while ago I drove a Toyota Tercel. It's exactly what you're looking for. 35mpg in city driving. Takes 4q of oil in a change. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING ever breaks on it. Goes in all kinds of weather. Boring as all hell. Not especially good looking. No a/c. No radio. (I'm serious.) Hand-crank windows. 1950 lbs. 82hp. But NOTHING ever breaks on it. It was the low-end price teaser model and I shopped price aggressively. I think it cost something ridiculous like $6800 new. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again under the same circumstances.

I can tell you, no e34 is good for a college student....unless you are jonk.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

I think you will be sorry if you sell that car after all that you have done to it. What you going to get to replace it after school that you are going to like as much?

See the guy in the white shirt? He is a former 540 owner who sold. And he was sorry he sold. He was all over our e34s at bimmerfest. That you be you in a couple of years--drooling over someone else's 540.

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

It's future replacement? Why an E34 M5 of course! It's a hard choice, and if I can't get a fair price for it I'll bite the bullet and keep it. It's just hard to get anything done with no money or time. There are more important things in life than a car, no matter how much you love it.
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

nice car, wish i could make you an offer, but im in the same boat as you, well no wife and kid i guess, but school, yes

Check the local market on used cars before you sell the 540. In Columbus, its a sellers market and prices are high on used cars. Unless you plan to walk, it may be as cheap to keep the BMW and drop things like colision off your insurance.

I had an e34 as a college student.

I thought you misspelled junk at first. I was like "I'm junk? I don't get it"
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast