GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Answers like this is why there are forums for everything

Default Answers like this is why there are forums for everything

Imagine if you got answers like this from the mechanic or anything for that fact.....

I had gotten a new watch in the mail at work, didnt have the tools to take it apart and wanted to order the battery yesterday, so I emailed the manufacturer customer service asking what type of battery it used...

Their response.. Thank you for your inquiry.

Visage Watches use Quartz batteries. There are several types or brands that are available. Watch batteries are sometimes available where camera equipment is sold. However, most of our customers take their watches to a jeweler or a watch repairman (Sears, I think, still has a dept) because you need special tools to open the back of the watch.

I hope this helps

Absolutely amazing... no it doesnt help... I wanted the exact type... I was very direct in my question... DER!! HI I AM A DYI PERSON... LOL

Asking what type can have various meanings but yes that answer was a waste of time.

Instead of asking what "type" of battery, you should of asked what is the part number and brand of the required replacement. You have to remember that the people asnswering those emails don't have that job because they are actually closet rocket scientists.

To me, battery "type" means battery chemistry, such as lead-acid, NiCad, Li etc. but I haven't heard of a "quartz" battery so you can see that the response was from someone clueless.

You have to feed them with precise questions as they are not capable of imagining what it is you may want.

Mark

Default lmao, reminds me of the ongoing saga with my employee...

Clueless people...

first Indy replaced the CPS said car was fine, drove away, towed back, mechanic says, "The new coils are bad so I put the old ones back in." Car still dies, he says Take it to the dealer.

Dealer says its the Ignition module (500 bux) Employee replaces it takes it back and then the dealer says "since you replaced it yourself we cannot repair the car because we didnt do it outselves." Thank you please pay 90 bux. next...

2nd Indy, (very highly reccomended) 2 days after towing it in calls to say the car is fixed, there was a nest in the intake manifold we blew it out and the car runs like new! whoo hooo it's fixt!!! Best $106 she ever spent. NOT stalls on the way home. Calls them back and they say tow it back in and we'll take a look at it. uhhh wasnt that why she brought it there in in the first place?

Update to follow.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

did u tell them what model watch u have?
    i've also found that email and
    online chat just don't work as well
    as a good ol' phone call...

We do know where to point you if you need more information about vacuum cleaners!

1995 540i/6 Sport Pkg w/E.A.T. chip and Nikasil injection Duey's Gallery