GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Saturday Morning ever!

Default Worst Saturday Morning ever!

i have to vent somewhere...well heres the deal, my front and rear left tire had a leak somewhere so I take to Tires Plus (because thats where PO got the tires from) to have them see where the hole is, plug it, all that good stuff. Mind you I specifically told the guy at the desk that I have spacers on the front wheels AND they are staggered so be sure each wheel stays where it was...I come back pay for it, get the keys and take off, didnt bother to check if everything was good(BAD mistake). 100ft later i hear/feel vibrations and smell burning rubber.......

yeah you guessed it, the rear was on the front and the front was on the back...............WHAT MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The inside of the tire rubbed on the fender well and yeah....im quite frustrated right now, AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, i watched the guy put the wheels in the correct spots....he wasnt full seated on the lug nut when he started the air gun....put some scrapes and nicks around the nut...im soo pissed off at these people....idk what to think right noww...................worst saturday morning ever

go back and blast them!!!!!!!
    simple, they should pay for any damages... did you get a bill for the work they did?
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

ahhh good ol fast food tire shops, there all the same man. I unbolt mine, throw em in the trunk and put basketweaves as replacements til the tires are fixt....same for balancing. I went through enough aggrivation to learn the only way I would have a wheel/tire serviced.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

wow, lemme tell you this, it only gets worse from here folks...I get the wheels in their respective spots and what not after going through all their BS. I leave again only to smell burning rubber...I dropped off my friend and walked around the car and realized "wow, the wheel is the correct size (deeper dish) but why is the right tire so skinny...oh sh!t, they didnt just.....yeah they did...." the smaller tire was on the bigger wheel and vice versa ALSO! so now the front fender well is rubbing against the tire..........but ladies and gentlemen, the icing on the cake....they broke a lug nut taking the front wheel off the car....great, just great...

after raising much hell, they only thing i paid for is the only thing they did right, patching the tire....

And so you have the jist of what I had to go through with them thinkin I didnt know sh!t...I pretty much shut them down point blank....They told me I had the wrong tires on before I brought them to the car and it wasnt their fault because they only do one tire at a time...I then directed the store manager and service manager to the rear of my car...Pointed that I have aftermarket lowering springs in the rear WITHOUT the adjustable camber kit, therefore making the rears toe in a bit causing noticeable wear on the inside tread...needless to say before they switched tires, the front right had similar wear to the rear left, point in case he was terribly apologetic to me and this situation after i laid that on them...the look on their face was priceless because they just (lack of a better term) been served!

I think im done venting now! thanks
    Last edited by GoldenOne; 04-15-2006 at 12:26 PM.

fair enough too...you told them to leave each wheel where it was!I am SOOOOO glad i have a knowledgeable tyre man
    Gone but not forgotten

Burning rubber? You're not going to make them replace the tires that are now smoked in the inside edge? :|
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

They must have been drinking on the job again. Idiots, your story is not uncommon on here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenOne
    wow, lemme tell you this, it only gets worse from here folks...I get the wheels in their respective spots and what not after going through all their BS. I leave again only to smell burning rubber...I dropped off my friend and walked around the car and realized "wow, the wheel is the correct size (deeper dish) but why is the right tire so skinny...oh sh!t, they didnt just.....yeah they did...." the smaller tire was on the bigger wheel and vice versa ALSO! so now the front fender well is rubbing against the tire..........but ladies and gentlemen, the icing on the cake....they broke a lug nut taking the front wheel off the car....great, just great...

after raising much hell, they only thing i paid for is the only thing they did right, patching the tire....

And so you have the jist of what I had to go through with them thinkin I didnt know sh!t...I pretty much shut them down point blank....They told me I had the wrong tires on before I brought them to the car and it wasnt their fault because they only do one tire at a time...I then directed the store manager and service manager to the rear of my car...Pointed that I have aftermarket lowering springs in the rear WITHOUT the adjustable camber kit, therefore making the rears toe in a bit causing noticeable wear on the inside tread...needless to say before they switched tires, the front right had similar wear to the rear left, point in case he was terribly apologetic to me and this situation after i laid that on them...the look on their face was priceless because they just (lack of a better term) been served!

I think im done venting now! thanks
    It's disgusting how they tried to lie their way out of it before discovering you knew what you were talking about.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Burning rubber? You're not going to make them replace the tires that are now smoked in the inside edge? :|
    I told them that they need to replace that tire but they consistently said they would only go 50/50 on that tire IF and only IF it failed due the inside edge failing.

No worries though, I took ALOT of pictures and im in the process of making a nice powerpoint in which me, the district manager, and the stupid local workes will see in a meeting next week. They chose the wrong BMW to screw up on!

I told them that they need to replace that tire but they consistently said they would only go 50/50 on that tire IF and only IF it failed due the inside edge failing.

No worries though, I took ALOT of pictures and im in the process of making a nice powerpoint in which me, the district manager, and the stupid local workes will see in a meeting next week. They chose the wrong BMW to screw up on!
    I hope it all works out for you. I have a very knowledable guy I take my tire/wheel stuff to, but even then I stay with him from the time I get there to the time I leave ... had too many problems with tires in the past to just not care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast