GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN No. WBABN53483PH03931 Carfax Pleeeease?...(m)

Default VIN No. WBABN53483PH03931 Carfax Pleeeease?...(m)

Guys,
    Its been a long time since I have been here. I hope everybody is having a relaxing Easter holiday. Well...as many know I have been Bimmer-less for over a year and have to say of late I have had the itch...springtime...I am not getting any younger...how many years left? and few have been as passionate about cars as myself since I could walk.

Scott H, JR and Bill R know...as I have been car shopping and have been seeking their advice along the way as few know as much about these cars as they do.

I have a short story which is almost legend which some including me have only heard about but it just happened. I called Scott when I was driving home from looking at the car below and leaving a deposit after a thorough test drive. The story is...I was getting ready to purchase an E-36 M3 out of state next week. There were a few things about that car that I knew I would have to change though it was pretty much unmolested...but it had high mileage and I just didn't want to rebuild another BMW...which for those that know me, know would have happened. I have been looking for the "right E-46" which for me at least is hard to find being as picky as I am. Since I was firming up my plans to drive out of town in a rental car to go purchase the E-36 M3...I decided to take just one last look in Autotrader.com for an E-46. Since I didn't have much time, I decided to do a custom search 25 miles from my home, Ti Silver 330Ci w/Step less then 10K miles etc...and to my amazement a single car popped up. I have been looking for a while so I was pretty shocked. I am the last guy to believe in the concept of fate but it gets better. I grab my cell and make the call and a little old lady answers. I know what you are thinking...as I was thinking the same thing. No...it couldn't be...but was. May I speak to the owner of the 2003 BMW 330Ci? Speaking. Hmmmm. Not only could I not believe there was the exact car I was looking for 9 miles from my house, but it was owned by a 73 year old great grandma. I guess with all the cars I have owned over the years, it was only just desserts that this would happen to me. After she became comfortable discussing her car with me I broke the ice a bit by asking her if she was the little old lady from Pasedena? She really laughed. Another page in the chapter of my life around the car hobby...lol. The car has "exactly" the options I was looking for...Ti Silver ext...black leather...Cold Weather and Sport Package Steptronic (I live in rushhour traffic) with M68 17" wheels, HK stereo, memory power seating...glass roof...and...and...even had the aluminum trim interior package versus wood with leather versus wood shift knob which I much prefer to wood trim. I still can't believe it. I drove the car with a male friend of the owner watching out for his elderly friend...and we took the car out on the freeway and brought it up to 110mph after the oil was warm and the car was a virtual rock. Brakes were perfect. No wind noise, clunks, squeaks or rattles The friend told me it was quite possible the car has never been on the expressway...lol. No rock chips in front. I have never driven a more secure car at speed...including my 7. The chassis is so good on the car it feels a bit slow which is the case of all cars with more chassis then engine. The song of the engine was flawless. Trans shifted perfectly. The car has never been smoked in...no pets...only has 6400 miles on it. No license plate bracket in front ...Hi Scott.
    Won't bore you with the rest of the details but put a deposit down and am consummating the deal this Tuesday.
    Bill and Scott...thanks for your advice on the 330Ci. You are right, I wouldn't have wanted the 325Ci...as this car has strong but not spectacular acceleration and the 325Ci would have been too slow. Bill, I looked at a Prius and the new Honda Civic Coupe which I like but honestly I had my heart set on a 3-series coupe. I will have to suck up the gas mileage This car BTW does not have a lot of room. If you are over 6'1" it would be a tight fit.
    JR...thanks for talking me out of the Techno Violet M5 out in CA. Although an amazing car, this is a better car for me.

The little old lady that owns it said it has never even had a scrape in the parking lot...just sits in her garage as it is too fast...she prefers her Cadillac...lol:
    If someone would run a Carfax for me I would be grateful:

VIN No. WBABN53483PH03931
    My e-mail address is: mann15@msn.com

Thought my BMW enthusiast friends would appreciate a good Easter laugh!
    My Best,
    George
    Only pic of car from the ad:
    Last edited by George M; 04-16-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Default Beautiful car George, i'm jealous.. I think that you'll

love it. And you'll find not too many problems will pop up with it. Talk to Micah if you get the chance and he can let you know about any problems he's had with his too. Just a couple of weeks ago, one of my customers/friends got an m3 convertible in about the same shape as the one that your looking at...He's looking for excuses every day to go and drive it. Something he never has done with any car before... Enjoy yours George

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    Guys,
    Its been a long time since I have been here. I hope everybody is having a relaxing Easter holiday. Well...as many know I have been Bimmer-less for over a year and have to say of late I have had the itch...springtime...I am not getting any younger...how many years left? and few have been as passionate about cars as myself since I could walk.

Scott H, JR and Bill R know...as I have been car shopping and have been seeking their advice along the way as few know as much about these cars as they do.

I have a short story which is almost legend which some including me have only heard about but it just happened. I called Scott when I was driving home from looking at the car below and leaving a deposit after a thorough test drive. The story is...I was getting ready to purchase an E-36 M3 out of state next week. There were a few things about that car that I knew I would have to change though it was pretty much unmolested...but it had high mileage and I just didn't want to rebuild another BMW...which for those that know me, know would have happened. I have been looking for the "right E-46" which for me at least is hard to find being as picky as I am. Since I was firming up my plans to drive out of town in a rental car to go purchase the E-36 M3...I decided to take just one last look in Autotrader.com for an E-46. Since I didn't have much time, I decided to do a custom search 25 miles from my home, Ti Silver 330Ci w/Step less then 10K miles etc...and to my amazement a single car popped up. I have been looking for a while so I was pretty shocked. I am the last guy to believe in the concept of fate but it gets better. I grab my cell and make the call and a little old lady answers. I know what you are thinking...as I was thinking the same thing. No...it couldn't be...but was. May I speak to the owner of the 2003 BMW 330Ci? Speaking. Hmmmm. Not only could I not believe there was the exact car I was looking for 9 miles from my house, but it was owned by a 73 year old great grandma. I guess with all the cars I have owned over the years, it was only just desserts that this would happen to me. After she became comfortable discussing her car with me I broke the ice a bit by asking her if she was the little old lady from Pasedena? She really laughed. Another page in the chapter of my life around the car hobby...lol. The car has "exactly" the options I was looking for...Ti Silver ext...black leather...Cold Weather and Sport Package Steptronic (I live in rushhour traffic) with M68 17" wheels, HK stereo, memory power seating...glass roof...and...and...even had the aluminum trim interior package versus wood with leather versus wood shift knob which I much prefer to wood trim. I still can't believe it. I drove the car with a male friend of the owner watching out for his elderly friend...and we took the car out on the freeway and brought it up to 110mph after the oil was warm and the car was a virtual rock. Brakes were perfect. No wind noise, clunks, squeaks or rattles The friend told me it was quite possible the car has never been on the expressway...lol. No rock chips in front. I have never driven a more secure car at speed...including my 7. The chassis is so good on the car it feels a bit slow which is the case of all cars with more chassis then engine. The song of the engine was flawless. Trans shifted perfectly. The car has never been smoked in...no pets...only has 6400 miles on it. No license plate bracket in front ...Hi Scott.
    Won't bore you with the rest of the details but put a deposit down and am consummating the deal this Tuesday.
    Bill and Scott...thanks for your advice on the 330Ci. You are right, I wouldn't have wanted the 325Ci...as this car has strong but not spectacular acceleration and the 325Ci would have been too slow. Bill, I looked at a Prius and the new Honda Civic Coupe which I like but honestly I had my heart set on a 3-series coupe. I will have to suck up the gas mileage This car BTW does not have a lot of room. If you are over 6'1" it would be a tight fit.
    JR...thanks for talking me out of the Techno Violet M5 out in CA. Although an amazing car, this is a better car for me.

The little old lady that owns it said it has never even had a scrape in the parking lot...just sits in her garage as it is too fast...she prefers her Cadillac...lol:
    If someone would run a Carfax for me I would be grateful:

VIN No. WBABN53483PH03931
    My e-mail address is: mann15@msn.com

Thought my BMW enthusiast friends would appreciate a good Easter laugh!
    My Best,
    George
    Only pic of car from the ad:

Happy Easter Bill and great to hear from you. Man...I thought the sidewalls were short with the 17" sport package wheels. The wheels on that M3 are rubberbands. Know how long those wheels would last in Detroit?
    This whole thing is quite amazing...how it came about. This car is really me as I like a measure of utilty with things...though the back seat is virtually unuseable in this car which is OK. When we go out to lunch at work we can take their cars...lol. That M-roadster though an amazing car isn't me so much...a bit flashy for my taste and I have bad hair I prefer a coupe with a sunroof and a bit more understated. The E-46 coupe has always been one of my favorite cars and when I sold my 7 I had the thought of getting one in the back of my mind. The 7 though a nice car, had too much of a luxury bias for me. I prefer a car with more sporty nature. This car is a better balance for my personality. Initially I thought about getting a 5 or 6 speed but came to my senses. I have owned equal amounts of slushboxes and sticks and while I like each I prefer the effortless power of a autobox for commuting. The horsepower of that M3-vert would be nice though I prefer the cleaner lines of the std. coupe versus more flamboyant M-car. Not so with previous M-30 and M-36 M3's...I liked them better then their coupe counterparts. I really appreciate your advice Bill. When you talk cars, I listen. Thanks again. Will post some pics after I get some wax on it. The engine in this car is silk...almost electric motor like.
    Kind Regards,
    George
    PS: if anybody on the board has Carfax access...would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by George M; 04-16-2006 at 07:56 AM.

Holy cow, the man is back!

Good to have you back, George.

best, whit

Welcome Back, George. I asked about you a few weeks ago... no one responded.

The BMW you're looking at is a beauty. I'm working on getting a CarFax for you and I'll email it to you if I'm successful.

Happy Holiday,
    Evan
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Hi Evan,
    Good to hear from ya...how have you been?
    Thanks so much for running a Carfax. Curious if it proves out.
    Best Regards,
    George

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    Holy cow, the man is back!

Good to have you back, George.

best, whit
    Hi Whit,
    Dam...2 time Grand Master...many have passed me by since I lost my Bimmer identity.
    Thanks for the note,
    George

Default Sweet.....

As I said to you earlier.....glad to see you back in a car that you were going for all along. You started at silver/black E46 330Ci, went around the block a few times, and ended with a silver/black E46 330Ci. I take it you went to church today after this experience???

Now if you would only return so that we could work together on this board to rid it of useless shitheads (who have overrun and chased away quality) ..... It would take a gigantic effort and probably look something like this:

Take some sweet pics.....

Scott

Ha, ha, ha,....ol....priceless (scotts pic)

Good for you George! Scott called me and told me the news the other day, I can say you've made the right choice. Good things come to those who wait, and the best part, it was right in your own backyard.

With 6 thousand miles on the car, get the vin and go to the nearest BMW dealer and see if it has had it's first oil change yet!

I can see the ad now, "2003 BMW for sale with record"....

I love the lines of the E46, and as far as I know the only aggravating problem with them is the window cable plastic ends or gears or something to that nature, nothing more than a nuisance....

Nontheless, it looks like you've found the "diamond in your own backyard" type of deal. It will be good to have you back in BMW, it was painful to imagine you driving Saturns and Hondas...

Now you just need to plan a roadtrip to Chicago for the E34 picnic, we've always made exceptions for you and we're not about to stop now.

Congratulations on the beauty!

Jr

Hope it all works out for you George, looks like a nice one. I'm still in my same car...complete with red valve cover. LOL!

zmuff--1989 535i 5-speed--17" E39 Style 32's--JC chip--UUC Short Shift--
    --Racing Dynamics Springs & Sways--Bilsteins--Yorktown, VA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast