GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Window trim questions. Shadowline? ...various others.

Default Window trim questions. Shadowline? ...various others.

Where could I purchase high quality "shadowline" window trim, not the tape.

Or, someone who has done it themselves, I am very interested in how it turned out/how you did it!

Is it connected by some sort of pushpin connectors? I need to remove my trim as it is starting to bend off of the windows.

Also, since this is fairly on topic, do you know how much it would cost to replace the center black window pillars behind the drivers side doors? There seems to have been a break-in attempt on my poor E34 :-( They split the trim in a very, very sloppy, ugly fashion. I guess they weren't interested in the radio :-P...
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAFerg
    Also, since this is fairly on topic, do you know how much it would cost to replace the center black window pillars behind the drivers side doors? There seems to have been a break-in attempt on my poor E34 :-( They split the trim in a very, very sloppy, ugly fashion. I guess they weren't interested in the radio :-P...
    Parts 9 & 12 are each about $40 from the dealer. Or you could get a whole set of carbon fiber ones from ebay for $60, but I wouldn't.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Thanks Jay, what abour parts 1 and 3, are those the chrome pieces? I wonder if there are any other places besides the dealer to buy the dark, shadowline version... If not, DIY time!
    again, thanks!
    -Charles
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesAFerg
    Thanks Jay, what abour parts 1 and 3, are those the chrome pieces? I wonder if there are any other places besides the dealer to buy the dark, shadowline version... If not, DIY time!
    again, thanks!
    -Charles
    There is, but I believe it's about $600 for the set.
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

That is correct. You have to special order it from the Euro Parts catalog. I just did this. however the installer destroyed one of the pieces and I had to get another. It took another 3 weeks to get it in.

It looks great and you will never have to maintain or touch it up - JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Mel at Abrahams Motorsport offered a group buy on the Shadowline trim a little while ago at a price lower than what you could get at any dealer. He might be able to come close to it again. I thinkg the price was 539 for the 12 pc set (includes the four interior chrome trims).

I still cannot understand why anyone (who has a budget) wouldn't use the shadowline tape... I personally think it looks great, very cheap, easy to install, and does not attract any attention from people saying "hmm, does that guy have tape on his chrome trim?" cuz i've black ALL of it out (except the grill and 540i letters)

Please, buy some $5 tape and spend your $600 on an upgrade worth the $$
    _

Where can I get some trim tape online? - can't find any retailers for it here in New Zealand.
    Freude am Fahren - Damn straight!

Quote Originally Posted by sKilled
    Where can I get some trim tape online? - can't find any retailers for it here in New Zealand.
    I know someone is offering it here on eBay here in the states. It looks like he will ship worldwide. I am not sure if anyone on the board has bought this specific tape. If so, please post with results.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Anyone have pictures with shadow line on a black car? If not, I will probably Photoshop some pics.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

the tape works great EXCEPT at the back of the trim (where the roof trim meets the bottom of the window trim). at that point the trim is too wide for the tape and even with some stretching it is impossible (for me at least) to get it to cover and stay .. i ended up taking a small second piece and covering up the remaining trim which leaves a little seam .. not really noticeable but in retrospect i think it would be better to either do a permanent job of it

or maybe someone has had better experience with the stuff? it looks great on the rest of the trim piece
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast