GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baron Alexander von Falkenhausen was "BMW for life", we should be too!

Default Baron Alexander von Falkenhausen was "BMW for life", we should be too!

Since I was recently promoted to a GM, I thought I'd modernise my sig a bit. Hope you all like the sleek, new look!

I like the history of these cars, and the recent posts re the history if the M30 got me thinking this heritage deserves more profile. Besides, thinking this helps me get over the annoyance of fixing all the little things that go wrong all the time now Freida has is coming up to her 18th birthday. Better to think, 'she really is motoring history' instead of 'what I really need is a new one!'. This way I can forgive her the occasional annoyance...

Not that anything is better than the e34. And by the time I think of modernising my ride in such a way, this baby will be showroom again so it won't happen.

As Whit Lowell and co say, 'BMW for life', and I have to say I'm happy with Freida: She's my baby, for life. Nick
    Last edited by genphreak; 04-11-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Look out...

Genphreak's ADDICTED!!!

I know exactly where you are coming from my friend, and I'd love to get my E34 to a concourse condition (even though not standard)....

Hmmm... One day!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

It looks nice, what do you tink of my new sig?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

speaking of GM's and BMW's our GM rocked up to our yard in a 2006 e60 540i with M-sport options....... holy shiiiiiiite. still i'd rather have 25 e34s for that money!

what do you think of my new sig? i am going to take some pictures of the BMW with my parent's digi SLR, those were taken with the work camera, which is a Piece of the Proverbial note the fuzziness.
    Last edited by rob101; 04-11-2006 at 11:58 PM.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

I hate to say it rob, but your sig pic really isnt very good. Its too big. Your car or something BMWish has to fill the picture area, preferably a bit artsy. In any case, make it smaller. Thats just my honest opinion, for what its worth. I hope you do the same for me when i ask for it
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I hate to say it rob, but your sig pic really isnt very good. Its too big. Your car or something BMWish has to fill the picture area, preferably a bit artsy. In any case, make it smaller. Thats just my honest opinion, for what its worth. I hope you do the same for me when i ask for it
    i am not really into artsy stuff, point taken it is too big, but atm I don't have a decent camera at my disposal anyway so i don't really see the point in bothering to try and dress it up too much. I was just getting sick of the old one....... since when does it have to have BMW stuff filling the picture, haven't you heard of a backdrop.

Honestly though to be fair i do like your picture, but I haven't really pulled off the look i am going for yet, ie Industrial/German Engineering.... I should have plently of opportunities when our $2 million each new Liebherr's arrive hehehe
    Last edited by rob101; 04-12-2006 at 12:51 AM.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    Look out... Genphreak's ADDICTED!!! I know exactly where you are coming from my friend, and I'd love to get my E34 to a concourse condition (even though not standard)....Hmmm... One day!!
    Dude, I fear you are right there... or maybe I'm just in love. Which is better- additction or love? (I can't ask my gf, she'll spin)

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    It looks nice, what do you tink of my new sig?
    Thanks Alex, mate I love yours; it incorporates a perfect mix of Italian style and the German business aesethic. I am sure if you had a wide grille, you'd have taken a view from the back, the top, the bottom or the side instead...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Hahha, cool shot. That big crane rocks Rob, no wonder you've got those nice presses handy-or are you just lowering 25T of concrete onto your poor little e28's LCAs?. To make it your sig, you just need to be breaking traction beside it (and crop it out to a wide, thin graphic so people aren't always scrolling past it).

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

"Hello, my name is Johntee540 and I am an e34 owner. I started out slowly at first - replacing Rondells with the carbon fiber ones. But before I knew it I found myself cruising EBAY looking for transmissions to install. I knew I had a problem when I started waking up in Junkyards clutching M5 brake calipers. Thanks for letting me share"

JT
    Johntee540
    1994 540/6 Black - Tan - 199k
    Cardomain Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast